Banking Awareness on Local Area Bank
Important Banking Awareness Questions on Local Area Bank for SBI PO, IBPS PO, NIACL, LIC, RBI, RRB PO Clerk, IPPB and other competitive exams. Banking Awareness Local Area Bank
- What is the minimum startup capital for Local Area Bank?
A) Rs 5 crore
B) Rs 10 crore
C) Rs 100 crore
D) Rs 500 crore
- In a Local Area Bank the number of NRI promoters cannot exceed ____ of the total number of promoters.
- In a Local Area Bank, Individual shareholder voting rights were to be restricted to a ceiling of ____ of the total voting rights
- The area of operation of a Local Area Bank is restricted to a maximum of ______ geographically contiguous districts.
- For a Local Area Bank, at least ____ of the new bank credit must be lend to Priority Sector.
- In regard to liquidity requirements and interest rates, Local Area Banks are governed by which of the following act?
A) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
B) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
C) Companies Act, 1956
D) Regional Rural Banks Act, 1976
- The regulatory responsibility over the Local Area Banks vests with ___________ of the RBI.
A) Rural Planning and Credit Department
B) Department of Banking Operations and Development
C) Department of Non-Banking Companies
D) Financial Inclusion and Development Department
- Supervision over LABs lies with the __________ of the RBI.
A) Department of Banking Regulation
B) Department of Economic and Policy Research
C) Department of Banking Supervision
D) Department of Cooperative Bank Supervision
- The NRI contributions to the equity of the Local Area Bank cannot exceed ______ of the paid-up capital.
- Local Area Banks have to maintain capital adequacy ratio (CAR) of _____ percent.