Directions(1-3): A sentence with two blanks is given, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the words that best fit in the given blanks making the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.
- Citizens are ______ to pay more for services by government bodies and there is a _______ need for local bodies to increase taxes on services.
ready, importantwanting, diresure, urgentwilling, direwilling, importantOption D
Wanting means lacking.
Willing means ready, eager, or prepared to do something.
- RBI is likely to _____ an appropriate timeline with the government to ______ the economy to the center of the medium-term inflation band.
discuss, takediscuss, movingdiscussed, moveset, takingfix, removeOption A
- Reasonable opportunity ________ be given to the Police Officer to explain his position in cases ________failure to execute non-bailable warrants.
should, involvingshall, decidingcould, includingshould, includingshall, includingOption A
- Choline, present in eggs, is a nutrient that can boost the mood, help in the production of antioxidants and neurotransmitters to _____________ proper functioning of the brain.
D) assurea-bb-cb-dc-da-dOption C
- Microplastics have been increasingly detected and quantified in marine and freshwater environments, and there are growing _____________ about their potential effects on biota.
d) apprehensionsa-bb-cb-dc-da-dOption E
- While we have made advancements in mobility and connectivity, mobile radiation towers installed by us have __________ the ability of sparrows to move around.
d) hampereda-bb-cb-dc-da-dOption D
- Even in this day and age, when numerous successful women are setting examples in a _________ world, men and women are still treated differently.
d) unorthodoxa-bb-cb-dc-da-dOption A
Patriarchal- relating to or denoting a system of society or government controlled by men
Polar- relating to the North or South Pole
Unorthodox- contrary to what is usual, traditional, or accepted; not orthodox
- Birds navigate through sensing the earth’s (A)/ magnetic fields and mobile (B)/ radiations are known to disturb it and (C)/ interfere with their movement. (D)
A-BC-DB-CA-CNo errorOption D
A: Birds use the earth’s magnetic field as a medium of navigation. When mentioning a medium, we should use the preposition ‘by’ instead of ‘through’.
C: In Part C, the use of pronoun ‘it’ is erroneous as it refers to the birds and must be replaced by ‘them’.
- When the temperature falls, (A)/ the metabolism of body slows (B)/ down in orders to conserve (C)/ energy and keep the body warm. (D)
A-BC-DB-CA-CNo errorOption C
B: Body, in general could mean anything. We should use ‘the’ before ‘body’, to confirm that it is the human body that is being mentioned here.
C: ‘In order to’ is a phrase that is used to mention the next step in a sequence. ‘Orders’ is wrongly used here.
- Egg are a powerhouse of (A)/ energy and also rich in proteins (B)/ and vitamins which help (C)/ in keeping the body warm. (D)
A-BC-DB-CA-CNo errorOption A
A: “Egg” is a countable noun, thus, the plural form “eggs” should be used.
B: After ‘and’, the subject being referred to is still ‘eggs’. But this part lacks the auxiliary verb ‘are’ after “and”.
Directions(4-7): In the given questions, one statement with a blank along with four words is given. Two of the given words can fit into the blank. Five options with various combinations of these words are given. Choose the combination of the words that would appropriately fit in the blanks.
Directions(8-10): A sentence divided into four parts (A), (B). (C) and (D) is given. The errors are in two parts of the sentence. Determine the parts which require correction and mark it as your answer. If the sentence is correct as it is, mark the answer as ‘No error’.