Directions (1 – 5): Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below.
Eight friends A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are seating around a circular table. Some of them are facing inside & others are facing outside. Opposite direction means if one is facing inside the centre, second one face outside the centre, and vice versa.
Three person are seating between F and D and both face opposite direction to each other. E is seating second to right of both D and F, and face opposite direction as F faces. C is seating third to right of E, who is not opposite to B. G is neighbour of both E and D, and seating second to right of B, who is not a neighbour of E. G is third to left of A, who is third to right of both H and G. B face towards the centre and is seating second to left of C.
- If all the friends are seating according to alphabetical order in anti clock wise direction, starting from A, how many friends remain at same position (excluding A)?
- If D interchanged his position with H and, F interchanged his position with G, who sits immediately right of H in new arrangement?
- Who is seating third to left of B?
- How many persons are facing away from the centre?
- Who among the following pairs are facing same direction and seating opposite to each other ?
A) H, B
B) C, G
C) F, D
D) E, A
Directions (6 – 10): Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below.
Nine friends P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, and X are seating in a row. Some are facing north and others are facing south. Opposite direction means (if one is facing North direction, second one is facing south direction , and vice versa).
R sits fourth from any end of row. More than two persons are seating between R and W. W is facing opposite direction as R is facing. P is seating third to right of W, and facing same direction as W. Two persons are seating between P and X. As many persons are seating between W and X as between T and U. Both of T and U do not sit at any extreme end of the row. Two persons are seating between U and V. Q is seating second to right of V, who is seating in the middle of the row. X is seating fifth to left of T. Not more than three persons are facing south direction. Q and U are facing opposite direction as P is facing. S is seating second to right of X.
- If all the friends sit according to alphabetical order from left to right, position of how many remain unchanged in the new arrangement?
- If P interchanged his position with X and, Q interchanged his position with W, who is immediately left of X in new arrangement?
- What is position of U with respect of Q ?
A) Third to left
B) Immediately left
C) Fifth to left
D) Fourth to left
- Who is seating third to right of R?
- Who among the following pairs are seating extreme end of row?
A) V, P
B) U, S
C) P, R
D) W, S
Click here for Puzzles and Arrangements
10 Thoughts to “Reasoning: Puzzles and Arrangements Set 64 (for Clerk Prelims)”
Dear aspirantszone.com webmaster, Your posts are always informative and up-to-date.
To the aspirantszone.com admin, Your posts are always informative and well-explained.
Hello aspirantszone.com administrator, You always provide great insights.
Dear aspirantszone.com administrator, Thanks for the well-presented post!
Hi aspirantszone.com webmaster, Your posts are always well-formatted and easy to read.
To the aspirantszone.com admin, Thanks for the post!
Hello aspirantszone.com administrator, Your posts are always well organized and easy to understand.