- Which of the following is a term related with scanner? CartridgeLaserTWAINBrowserBoth (b) and (c)Option E
Laser is the term related with scanner as there are laser scanners. TWAIN is an applications programming interface (API) and communications protocol that regulates communication between software and digital imaging devices, such as image scanners. It is a widely-used program that lets you scan an image (using a scanner) directly into the application.
- Which of the following is a program capable of continually replicating with little or no user intervention? VirusTrojan horsesRootkitWormsBotsOption A
Typically, a piece of code causes damage to your computer either by deleting or corrupting files. A virus can also interfere with computer operations by multiplying itself to fill up disk space or randomly access memory space, secretly infecting your computer. They caneven your master boot records thereby making your computer start slow or not boot at all.
Often viruses are disguised as games, images, email attachments, website URLs, shared files or links or files in instant messages.
- Language used in a computer that is similar to the languages of humans and is easy to understand is referred to as______? Source codeMachine LanguageHigh Level LanguageObject CodeAssembly LanguageOption C
Programs written in a high-level language must be translated into machine language by a compiler or interpreter. Such languages are considered high-level because they are closer to human languages and further from machine languages.
- Which of the following option will not be helpful to instruct word to stop bulleting paragraphs? Press the enter key twiceClick the Bullets button on the Formatting toolbarClick the Undo button on the Standard toolbarAll of threeNone of threeOption C
Clicking undo button in this context will not end bulleting.
- The type of software that controls the internal operations in the computer, and controls how the computer words with all its parts is which of the following? SharewareOperating system softwareApplication softwarePublic domain softwareNone of theseOption B
An operating system is the most important software that runs on a computer. It manages the computer’s memory, processes, and all of its software and hardware. It also allows you to communicate with the computer without knowing how to speak the computer’s language. Without an operating system, a computer is useless.
- When the text automatically goes onto the next line that is called ______? Text wrapPage wrapWrap wordWord wrapNone of theseOption D
In word processing, word wrap is a feature that automatically moves a word that is too long to fit on a line to the beginning of the next line.
- What does C stands for in W3C? ConsortiumCollectionCommunityCommodityCommonOption A
World Wide Web Consortium
- Which of the following file name extension suggests that the file is Backup copy of another file? TXTCOMBAKBASEXTOption C
“.BAK” is a file name extension used to signify a backup copy of a file. This common ‘.bak’ naming scheme makes it possible to retrieve the original contents of the file.
- In computer science, a _________ of execution is the smallest sequence of programmed instructions that can be managed independently by a scheduler, which is typically a part of the operating system? SoftwareHardwareTaskProgramThreadOption E
In computer science, a thread of execution is the smallest sequence of programmed instructions that can be managed independently by a scheduler, which is typically a part of the operating system.