Directions (1-10): For the Assertion(A) and Reason(R) below,choose the correct alternative from the following. An assertion is an affirmation,or a strong statement.
a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
c) A is true but R is false
d) A is false but R is true
e) If both A and R are false
- ASSERTION: Crude oil is abundantly found in nature.
REASON: It is the main raw material for all automobiles.abcdeOption B
Both A and R are true but the Reason does not explain the Assertion.
- ASSERTION: Anil Kumble lost his place in the Indian ODI squad sometime back.
REASON: Inspite of being India’s best spinner he was considered to be old for ODIs.abcdeOption A
- ASSERTION: Over the past few decades,there has been drastic global warming.
REASON: The push for economic development has increased to dangerous proportions the emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.abcdeOption A
Greenhouse gases are the root cause of global warming.Hence both A and R are true and R explains A.
- ASSERTION: Kerala is the largest state in India.
REASON: Some of the leading car manufacturing companies of the world are Japanese.abcdeOption D
The assertion is false because kerala is not the largest state in India. R is true but it is not related to Assertion.
- ASSERTION: The filament inside a bulb is made of copper.
REASON: Usually there is vacuum in the bulb.abcdeOption E
A is false because bulb’s filament is made up of tungsten and not copper.R is also false because there is no vacuum in the bulb.
- ASSERTION: Manmohan singh is widely recognised as the chief architect of liberalisation in India.
REASON: Manmohan singh was the finance minister who first started opening up the Indian economy in 1991.abcdeOption A
- ASSERTION: India is a sovereign country.
REASON: Its parliament is based in delhi.Option B
- ASSERTION: Diesel oil is cooking medium.
REASON: It is also used in diesel cars.abcdeOption D
- ASSERTION: The world bank is a leading international financial institution.
REASON: Ever since its formation,it has played a major role in disbursing aid and support to economics across the world.Option A
- ASSERTION: When velocity is kept constant and wavelength is halved, then the frequency is doubled.
REASON: Velocity = frequency * wavelengthabcdeOption A
13 Thoughts to “Critical and logical Reasoning – Set 18”
THANK U MAM
Dear aspirantszone.com webmaster, Your posts are always well-supported by research and data.
Hi aspirantszone.com admin, Your posts are always informative and well-explained.
To the aspirantszone.com webmaster, Thanks for the well-organized and comprehensive post!
Hi aspirantszone.com admin, You always provide great information and insights.
To the aspirantszone.com webmaster, You always provide great insights.
Hello aspirantszone.com webmaster, Keep sharing your knowledge!
Dear aspirantszone.com webmaster, Your posts are always well written and informative.
Hello aspirantszone.com admin, Thanks for the educational content!
To the aspirantszone.com administrator, Your posts are always interesting.
Hello aspirantszone.com owner, Your posts are always informative and well-explained.
To the aspirantszone.com owner, Your posts are always well structured and easy to follow.