Directions (1-7): In each of following questions, a statement is given followed by two conclusions. Give answer:
c)both 1 and 2 follows
d)neither 1 nor 2 follows
- STATEMENT: Lucknow has a lower population and hence is a safer place to live.
a) A city which has low population is better place to live.
b) Lucknow has lower number of offences than Kanpur.abcdeOption D
Both do not follow.The first is an assumption on which the argument statement is based.It is not a conclusion.Similarly,we have no information about offences rate in kanpur.
- STATEMENT: All candidates of my group have a good chance in their examination.
a) I teach them the whole syllabus in detail and thoroughly.
b) All the candidates are genius.abcdeOption D
The first is an assumption that must be valid for the statement to be made(is not a conclusion).2 is also invalid.
- STATEMENT: Most students of the JNU Phd program are bright.
a) Many companies visit the JNU Phd program fro campus recruits.
b) Some of the students of JNU Phd are not bright.abcdeOption B
- STATEMENT: All politicians are truthful.Priya devi is an truthful lady.
a) She is a politician.
b) She is not focused in politics.abcdeOption D
Just because all poiliticians are truthful and Priya devi is also truthful does not mean that priya devi is a politician.Similarly,we cannot draw conclusions about her focusing in politics.
- STATEMENT: All the female members of my family are either Phd or MBA.
a) Mrs.Meera ia a member of my family.She is either a Phd or MBA.
b) Mr.Pramod is a member of my family.He is either a Phd or MBA.abcdeOption A
- STATEMENT: Protein X is helpful for a sturdy body.
a) All athletes take protein X.
b) We should take Protein x for sturdy body.abcdeOption B
- STATEMENT: Whenever there is match between Australia and SA, Mr.Shikhar takes leave from his office. Mr.Shikhar is in office today.
a) Today there is no match between Australia and SA.
b) Mr.Shikhar always goes to his office except on AUS-SA match days.abcdeOption A
- STATEMENT: Professors punished students when don’t complete their assisgnment. Rahul (a professor) punished Sam in college today.
CONCLUSIONS: Sam did not do her assisgnment.definitely truedefinitely falsecan’t sayconclusion is irrelevantnone of theseOption C
It is not clear as to why Rahul punished Sam.While her not doing her assignment could have been a reason it could equally well not have been the reason too.
- STATEMENT: Elegant managers are those who hire elegant employees.
CONCLUSION: To be a elegant manager, I just have to hire elegant employees.truefalsenone of thesecan’t sayeither probably true or probably falseOption D
We cannot say for sure whether this conclusion is true or false.It might be true and at the same time might be false if there are more things that are needed to be done for being a elegant manager.
- STATEMENT: Ramesh is a tall boy.
a) Ramesh’s father height is 5 ft 7 inches.
b) Any height above 5 ft is considered to be tall.1 is implicit2 is implicitboth are implicitneither are implicitnone of theseOption D
both are invalid