Current Affairs 1 June 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 31 May 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 31, 2018
- The top Indian FMCG brand Patanjali has launched its messaging app named ___________, giving a strong competition to widely used Whatsapp.
- What is the rank of India in Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”?
- Name the newly appointed Secretary of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting?
A) Satyapal Singh
B) Vijay Gokhale
C) NK Sinha
D) Amit Khare
- Name the veteran Bollywood actor to become the face of Central Railways’ anti-trespassing campaign ‘Ek Safar Rail Ke Saath’.
A) Vidya Balan
B) Amitabh Bachchan
C) Akshay Kumar
D) Bhumi Pednekar
- Which among the following app has been launched by tech giant Google India in an initiative to provide all local information regarding neighboring area to the people?
- Name the Indian state which in collaboration with UNICEF has launched a campaign named ‘Paree Pain Katha Tiye’ to raise awareness against child abuse.
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
- According to the recent data of the Central Statistics Office, Indian economy registered a growth of ________ percent in the fourth quarter of 2017-18.
- Name the financial organisation which has sanctioned $ 375 million loan to improve irrigation system in Madhya Pradesh?
A) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
B) World Bank
C) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
D) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- Who has been conferred with the ‘Santokba Humanitarian Award’ 2018?
A) Verghese Kurien
B) Kailash Satyarthi
C) Dr S. Swaminathan
D) Sam Pitroda
- The residual Andhra Pradesh government has recently announced its state’s symbols to have a separate identity. Choose the incorrect option from the given statements.
A) State Animal: Blackbuck
B) State Bird: Indian Roller
C) State Flower: Jasmine
D) State Tree: Neem
- Who has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Adviser of India recently?
A) Brajesh Mishra
B) Ajit Doval
C) Pankaj Saran
D) J N Dixit
- In an effort to spread Digital India Initiative at global level, PM Modi recently launched the international Rupay, Bhim and UPI in which of the following countries?
- What is the theme of the 2018 World No Tobacco Day?
A) Tobacco and Heart Disease
B) Tobacco – a threat to development
C) Get Ready for Plain Packaging
D) Raise Taxes on Tobacco
- The 2018 Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) military exercise is scheduled to begin from June 27? Which country is the host and administrator of the biennial exercise?
A) United Kingdom
B) United States
- Which among the given banks has tied up with SIDBI to become its preferred financial institution to extend banking facilities to its SME cutomers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Yes Bank
- Name the winner of 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Music.
A) Kendrick Lamar
B) Bob Dylan
C) Duke Ellington
D) Hank Williams
- How much amount of loan agreement has been signed between India and the World Bank as additional financing for the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Rural Roads Project?
A) $ 700 million
B) $ 200 million
C) $ 500 million
D) $ 400 million
- The 2 days thematic seminar on Water and Sanitation as a lead up to 3rd AIIB Annual Meeting took place in which city recently?
A) New Delhi
- Based on a report by the World Health Organisation, nearly ______ million Indian citizens have been found to spend more than 10 percent of their income towards medical expenditure during the period 2007-2015
A) 230 million
B) 200 million
C) 175 million
D) 180 million
- The first biannual IAF Commanders’ Conference of 2018 was held in which city?
D) New Delhi
- Pandurang Phundkar died recently of heart attack. He was an agricultural minister of which state?
- The WHO has in collaboration with the World Bank Group launched the “Global Preparedness Monitoring Board”, a mechanism to regularly monitor and report preparedness level to tackle all health emergencies globally. The board will have its headquarter in__________
B) New York
D) Washington D.C.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Who is the incumbent National Security Adviser of India?
A) Shivshankar Menon
B) M. K. Narayanan
C) Rajinder Khanna
D) Ajit Doval
- UNICEF was founded in which year?
A) December 11, 1946
B) January 31, 1949
C) April 31, 1942
D) November 7, 1947
- The World Health Organization is headquartered at_______
A) New York
C) Washington D.C.