Current Affairs 10 February 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 9 February 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 9, 2018
- Who among the following has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Muthoot Group?
A) Amitabh Bachchan
B) Akshay Kumar
C) Deepika Padukone
D) Virat Kohli
Explanation: The Muthoot Group has roped in Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador to represent them in their national campaigns.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘Even When There Is A Doctor’, on the child health care?
A) D.C. Katoch, KS Sethi and Shashi Ranjan
B) Krishnan Sivaramakrishnan, Pramod Kumar Pathak and Ishwara N. Acharya
C) Rajesh Chokhani, Daniel E. Richards and Manoj Nesari
D) Yashwant Amdekar, Rajesh Chokhani and Krishnan Sivaramakrishnan
Explanation: Legendary Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and his wife Anjali Tendulkar launched a book on child health care titled ‘Even When There Is A Doctor’. Penned down by Dr Yashwant Amdekar along with Dr Rajesh Chokhani and Krishnan Sivaramakrishnan, the book describes the role of an individual or parents in improving their child’s health.
- Name the web portal and the mobile App launched by the Ministry of Power for the better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants
A) MY ASH APP
B) FLY ASH APP
C) ASH TRACK
D) ASH DOC
Explanation: Power Ministry launched a web-based monitoring system and a fly-ash mobile application. It will act as an interface between producers and consumers. The ASH TRACK Mobile App will manage 200 million tonnes of fly ash by tracking coal-based power plants situated within 100 km and 300 km from given location and availability of fly ash.
- What is the rank of India in the 2018 Global Intellectual Property (IP) index?
Explanation: India has substantially improved its ranking, to 44, in the latest Global Intellectual Property (IP) index released by the US Chambers of Commerce. India’s overall score is 30 per cent (12.03 out of 40) in the latest edition of the index.
- Who among the given women entrepreneurs has been appointed as the first independent female director of International Cricket Council (ICC) Board?
A) Naina Lal Kidwai
B) Indra Nooyi
C) Chanda Kochhar
D) Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
Explanation: PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi has been appointed to the International Cricket Council (ICC) Board as the governing body’s first independent female director. Nooyi will join the Board in June this year to align with the term of the ICC Independent Chairman.
- Which among the following industries has been awarded the Golden Peacock Award 2017 for corporate social responsibility (CSR)?
A) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
B) Larson & Toubro Limited
C) Tata Motors Limited
D) HSBC India
Explanation: Reliance Industries (RIL) has been awarded the Golden Peacock Award 2017 for corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives. The award was a recognition, in particular, of the work done by its CSR arm Reliance Foundation under Founder and Chairman Nita Ambani.
- Which state has won the highest number of medals in the first edition of the Khelo India School Games concluded in New Delhi?
Explanation: The first Khelo India School Games concluded in New Delhi with sports powerhouse Haryana topped the overall medal tally. The state won 102 medals which include 38 gold and 26 silver. Maharashtra with 111 medals finished second while Delhi with 94 medals came third.
- How much amount of fine has been imposed by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Google for unfair business practices regarding online search?
A) Rs 126 crores
B) Rs 136 crores
C) Rs 146 crores
D) Rs 156 crores
Explanation: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed a fine of around Rs. 136 crores on search engine major Google for unfair business practices in the Indian market for online search. The penalty is being imposed on Google for infringing anti-trust conduct. It was alleged that Google is indulging in abuse of dominant position in the market for online search through practices leading to search bias and search manipulation, among others.
- The 2018 Winter Olympics Games have been organised at _________
A) Sochi, Russia
B) Tokyo, Japan
C) Pyeongchang, South Korea
D) Beijing, China
Explanation: The 23rd Olympic Winter Games officially kicked off with a colourful ceremony at Pyeongchang in South Korea. The festivities launched what organizers say is the largest Winter Olympics yet, with 92 countries participating.
- Which country is at the top spot in the 2018 Global Intellectual Property (IP) index?
A) United States
Explanation: The US is at the top of the IP index list with 37.98 points, followed by Britain (37.97) and Sweden (37.03)
- Which among the following banks has recently unveiled a new musical logo called MOGO as a part of its branding initiative?
A) Karur Vysya Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) DCB Bank
Explanation: IndusInd Bank launched its new Sonic Identity, which is essentially a musical logo called ‘MOGO’, as part of its branding initiatives. The objective for associating to a sonic identity is building the Bank’s brand imagery with the strategic use of music and sound for brand experiences and audience connection.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Power?
A) Hansraj Ahir
B) Manoj Sinha
C) Hardeep Singh Puri
D) R K Singh
Explanation: Constituency-Arrah Lok Sabha
- Who is the Chairman of the Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
A) Smita Jhingran
B) Devender Kumar Sikri
C) Prakash Kumar Singh
D) B C Tripathi
Explanation: Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003. It became fully functional in May 2009 with Dhanendra Kumar as its first Chairman
- The 2022 Winter Olympics will be held in ___________
- Where is the headquarter of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
A) The Hague, Netherlands
B) Geneva, Switzerland
C) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
D) Paris, France
Explanation: The current ICC president is Zaheer Abbas. The current CEO is David Richardson
2 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: February 10, 2018”
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?
The following time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my option to learn, but I really thought youd have something fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may repair should you werent too busy in search of attention.