Current Affairs 10 November 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 9 November 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 09, 2017
- Which city has secured the top position in the list of top 100 city destinations highlighting growth in Asian tourism according to the market research firm Euromonitor International’s report?
B) Hong Kong
Explanation: According to market research firm Euromonitor International’s report on the top 100 city destinations that highlights the growth in Asian tourism, Hong Kong remains the world’s most visited city by international travelers. The report further said that 25.7 million arrivals are expected in Hong Kong this year.
- UAE’s second-largest lender, Emirates NBD has opened its first Indian branch in which of the given cities?
Explanation: Emirates NBD, the UAE’s second-largest lender, has started operations in India with an aim to invest USD 100 million capital into its Indian operations. The Mumbai branch marks the bank’s fifth international branch outside of its UAE network.
- According to the ‘Q3 2017 Salary Budget Planning Report’ by Willis Towers Watson, salaries in India are projected to rise by_________percent in 2018, being the highest in the Asia Pacific region.
Explanation: According to the “Q3 2017 Salary Budget Planning Report”, released by global advisory, broking and solutions company Willis Towers Watson, India’s projected salary growth for 2018 stood the highest in the Asia-Pacific region at 10 per cent despite a decreasing year-on-year pattern. India is followed by Indonesia and China.
- IDFC Bank has partnered with which digital wallet firm to launch a co-branded virtual prepaid card?
Explanation: IDFC Bank, MobiKwik and Net1 have partnered to launch a co-branded virtual prepaid card on the Visa platform to customers of MobiKwik.
- What is the rank of Indian Captain Virat Kohli in the latest ICC T20I Player Rankings for Batsmen released on November 8, 2017?
Explanation: Indian captain Virat Kohli has consolidated his position at the top of the latest ICC Twenty-20 Rankings for Batsmen. Kohli scored 104 runs in the recent T20 series against New Zealand to guide India to a 2-1 win and that has helped him strengthen his number one position.
- Federal Bank has recently obtained RBI’s approval to open representative offices in which of the given countries?
A) Indonesia and Thailand
B) Myanmar and Iraq
C) Saudi Arabia and North Korea
D) Kuwait and Singapore
Explanation: Private Sector, Federal Bank has obtained RBI approval to open representative offices at Kuwait and Singapore.
- Under which of the following rules, IRDAI has mandated all insurers – life and non-life – to link the Aadhaar number of the policy holders to their policies?
A) Unique Identification Authority of India (Transaction of Business at Meetings of the Authority) Regulations, 2016
B) Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules 2017
C) Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) (First Amendment) Regulations, 2017
D) Aadhaar (Sharing of Information) Regulations, 2016
Explanation: India’s insurance regulator IRDAI has mandated all insurers – life and non-life – to link the Aadhaar number of the policy holders to their policies. It further said that linking of Aadhaar number to insurance policies is mandatory under the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules 2017.
- Which state has launched a scheme named “She Pad” to distribute free sanitary napkins to girls from classes VI to XII in Government schools?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Kerala government launched “She Pad’’, a scheme to distribute free sanitary napkins to girl students from classes VI to XII in government and aided private schools affiliated to the state school board.
- Which state has become the first in India to treat Hepatitis-C patients of all categories through oral medicine?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Haryana has become the first state in the country to treat Hepatitis-C patients of all categories through oral medicine. This medicine would be provided free of cost to permanent residents of all categories at district level.
- The India Disaster Response Summit has been organised in which city by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and Facebook on November 9, 2017?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the India Disaster Response Summit, organised jointly by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and Facebook, in New Delhi on how best to leverage social media platforms to ‘prepare, respond and recover’ for, during and after a disaster.
- Bandhan Express, a new passenger train between West Bengal and Bangladesh will traverse between which stations?
Explanation: A new passenger train between West Bengal and Bangladesh, Bandhan Express, was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina via video conferencing. The train will connect Kolkata to Khulna in Bangladesh.
- Name the first train between West Bengal and Bangladesh that runs between Dhaka and Kolkata.
A) Aman Express
B) Samjhauta Express
C) Maitree Express
D) Thar Express
Explanation: Bandhan Express will be the second train to run between West Bengal and Bangladesh after Maitree Express that runs between Dhaka and Kolkata.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairperson of IRDAI?
A) H. S. Upendra Kamath
B) Mukesh Sharma
C) Romesh Sobti
Explanation: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory agency tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India
- Federal bank is headquartered at __________
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Extra knowledge: CMD: Shyam Srinivasan
- Who is the CEO of the IDFC Bank?
A) Aditya Puri
B) G. Sreeram
C) Sanjeev Mishra
D) Rajiv Lall
Explanation: Headquarter: Mumbai
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: November 10, 2017”
Federal hq kerela me kha mam??