Current Affairs 10 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 9 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 9, 2019
- Recently External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar inaugurated which telecom education project for the African Countries?
Explanation: External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar inaugurated tele-education and tele-medicine project for African countries.The EAM inaugurated e-VidyaBharti and e-ArogyaBharti (tele-education and tele-medicine project) for African countries on the occasion of the 55th Anniversary of India’s flagship capacity building programme – Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC).
- Recently the Central Board of Direct Taxes has launched which scheme that eliminates physical interface between an assessing officer and an assessee?
Explanation: The Central Board of Direct Taxes has launched “Faceless e-Assessment scheme” that eliminates physical interface between an assessing officer and an assessee. They also inaugurated the National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC).
- Recently the government inaugurated 1st Day Care Recreation Centre for senior citizens in which place?
Explanation: The first Government-sponsored and operated day-care cum recreation centre for senior citizens has been inaugurated in Leh.
- What is the rank of India in latest Annual Global Competitiveness Index?
Explanation: India has moved down 10 places to rank 68th on the annual Global Competitiveness Index, largely due to improvements witnessed by several other economies.Singapore, meanwhile, has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive economy.The annual Global Competitiveness Index is compiled by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Recently which mutual fund was renamed as Nippon India Mutual Fund?
Explanation: Reliance Mutual Fund has been renamed as “Nippon India Mutual Fund”. The organization was renamed following the purchase of 75% stake in Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management by Nippon Life Insurance.
- Recently which company received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a non-banking financial company?
Explanation: Fintech start-up Shubh Loans has received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a non-banking financial company.
- Recently Bombay Stock Exchange joined hands with which organisation to enhance MSME and start-up environment?
Explanation: To enhance MSME and startup environment, leading stock exchange BSE in association with Ficci organised a brainstorming session to identify gaps in the existing policies and make suggestions for robust policies.
- Which country topped the spot in latest ICC Women’s ODI rankings?
Explanation: India not only maintained their second position but also increased the lead over England in the latest ICC women’s ODI rankings.
- Who won 15th World Gymnastics Championships Title?
Explanation: US gymnastics star Simone Biles clinched a record-extending 15th world championship gold medal as the Americans won the women’s team title in Stuttgart.
- Recently Bastian Schweinsteiger has announced his retirement from which sports?
Explanation: The former Bayern Munich, Germany and Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has announced his retirement from football at the age of 35.
- Who won the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry?
A) John B. Goodenough
B) M. Stanley Whittingham
C) Akira Yoshino
D)All of the above
Explanation: The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2019 was awarded jointly to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino “for the development of lithium-ion batteries.”
- Which film has won the People’s Choice Award at the recently concluded My Rode Reel film competition?
A)Spirit of Kerala
D)The Sky is Pink
Explanation: Short film from Kerala “Spirit Of Kerala” has won the People’s Choice Award at the recently concluded My Rode Reel film competition.
- Recently who has been conferred with an honorary doctorate by the University of Salford in Greater Manchester, England?
Explanation: Ace singer Asha Bhosle has been conferred with an honorary doctorate by the University of Salford in Greater Manchester, England.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Central Board of Direct Taxes?
- Where is the HQ of World Economic Forum?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: October 10, 2019”
hello there and thanks in your info ? I?ve definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did alternatively experience a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of instances prior to I could get it to load correctly. I were brooding about if your web host is OK? No longer that I am complaining, but slow loading cases occasions will very frequently impact your placement in google and could damage your quality rating if advertising and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can glance out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..