Current Affairs 10 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 9 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 9, 2020
- According to the World Bank, India’s GDP is expected to contract by how much percent in the fiscal year 2020-21 (FY21)?
- According to the Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), the Indian economy will contract by how much percent in the fiscal 2021 due to COVID-19?
- According to the World Bank, approximately how many people could be push into extreme poverty by the end of 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic?
A) 120 million
B) 180 million
C) 100 million
D) 150 million
- Which airport has signed the concession agreement for the development of Jewar Airport in Noida, Uttar Pradesh which is expected to be completed in 2024?
A) Zurich Airport International
B) Toronto Pearson International Airport
C) Singapore International Airport
D) Munich International Airport
- Which of the following e-commerce company has partnered with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to provide their customers with the facility to book reserved train tickets on its platform?
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the tenure of R. K. Chhibber as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which bank by another six months?
A) Laxmi Vilas Bank
B) Jammu and Kashmir Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) Karnataka Bank
- Sadyr Zhaparov has been appointed as the acting priem minister of which country?
- Mexican Mario Molina who passed away recently won the Nobel Prize in which field in 1995?
- What is the theme of World Sight Day 2020?
A) Eye care Everywhere
B) Vision First
C) Hope In Sight
D) Universal Eye Health
- With which country has the Meghalaya government joined hands for setting up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) on high value vegetables in the state in a bid to improve and promote the livelihoods of farmers?
- Which organization has been awarded the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize?
A) International Fund For Agricultural Development
B) Food and Agriculture Organization
C) World Food Program
D) Doctors Without Borders
- Nilesh Shah has been re-elected as the Chairman of which of the following?
A) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
B) Association of Mutual Funds in India
C) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
D) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
- For which of the poetry of Odia poet Nityananda Nayak, he has been conferred the prestigious Sarala Puraskar?
A) Setebelaku Nathiba
B) Sahitya Parikrama
C) Asanta Graha
D) Kalasa Choutisa
- When is World Post Day celebrated?
A) October 7
B) October 8
C) October 6
D) October 9
- The two per cent interest subvention scheme for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on loans offered by co-operative banks has been extended till which date as announced by the Reserve Bank of India?
A) 31st December 2020
B) 31st January 2021
C) 30th June 2021
D) 31st March 2021
- In which state did the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development -NABARD has inked three Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with Public Sector Bank- State Bank of India(SBI) to extend credit support for various projects?
- The poet Louise Glück who became the first American woman to win the 2020 Nobel prize for literature in 27 years was awarded for which of the following?
A) her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal
B) who, in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world
C) for a narrative imagination that with encyclopedic passion represents the crossing of boundaries as a form of life
D) for an influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the specificity of human experience
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched which campaign for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour in view of the upcoming festivals and winter season as well as the opening up of the economy?
A) Jan Andolan
B) Janta Survey
C) Covid Andolan
D) Covid Survey
- Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched what, which is a MeitY funded Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh?
A) Atithi Circle Ventures
B) Surya Circle Ventures
C) Gyan Circle Ventures
D) Vikalp Circle Ventures
- What is the reverse repo rate as announced by the Reserve Bank of India in its bi-monthly Monetary Policy in October 2020?
- When is Indian Foreign Service Day observed?
A) 10 October
B) 9 October
C) 8 October
D) 6 October
- Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan who passed away was holding the charge of which of the following ministries then?
A) Information and Broadcasting
B) Statistics and Programme Implementation
C) Food and Public Distribution
D) Chemicals and Fertilizers
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of World Food Programme situated?
A) New York, USA
B) Rome, Italy
C) Sydney, Australia
D) Berlin, Germany
- Where is the HQ of Association of Mutual Funds in India situated?
- Where is the HQ of Jammu and Kashmir Bank situated?
- What is the currency of Kyrgyzstan?