Current Affairs 10 September 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 9 September 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 9, 2020
- As per the data, how much amount have been allotted to nearly 42 crore people as financial assistance under the government’s Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKP) to protect poor and vulnerable from the impact of COVID-19 crisis?
A) Rs 75,540-crore
B) Rs 68,820-crore
C) Rs 62,910-crore
D) Rs 72,480-crore
- At which 2 districts is the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) going to establish two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support- CSTS?
A) Begusarai and Meerut
B) Chapra and Agra
C) Patna and Kanpur
D) Bhagalpur and Varanasi
- STEPapp (Student Talent Enhancement Program Application) has received a mandate from the which Indian ministry to implement its gamified learning app across all Tribal Schools in India in a landmark development?
A) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
B) Ministry of Finance
C) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
D) Ministry of Home Affairs
- Which of the following e-commerce platform has launched a new hyper-casual game titled ‘Social Doori’ to encourage social distancing amid the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Who is the head of the Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC) constituted by the NITI Aayog?
A) Sanyukta Samaddar
B) Anna Rajam Malhotra
C) Aruna Sundararajan
D) Beela Rajesh
- Name the parachutist who completed the world’s first jump from a solar-powered aircraft after the plane soared to a height of 1,520 metres (nearly 5,000 ft) over western Switzerland?
A) Ernesto Bertarelli
B) Ignazio Cassis
C) Raphael Domjan
D) Alain Berset
- A powerful typhoon Haishen created a havoc in which of the following country in September 2020?
B) South Korea
- Which of the following has announced to lead the global procurement and supply of the COVID-19 vaccine in order to ensure that all the countries have safe, equitable, and fast access to the initial doses when they are available?
A) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
B) Amnesty International
C) Food and Agriculture Organization
D) United Nations Children’s Fund
- Which bank launched an international contactless debit card, “Signature Visa Debit Card” for high net worth individuals who are maintaining an average quarterly balance of Rs 10 lakhs and above?
A) Bank of India
B) United Bank of India
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Dena Bank
- Loan worth how much amount has been given by World Bank to the Himachal Pradesh government to strengthen transport of the state by improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of state road network?
A) $85 million
B) $82 million
C) $86 million
D) $83 million
- Who led the panel on the financial parameters to be considered in the restructuring of loans impacted by the Covid 19 pandemic, recommendations of whom were broadly accepted by the RBI?
A) Deepak Parekh
B) Sunil Mathur
C) Uday Kotak
D) KV Kamath
- According to Fitch, India’s GDP is expected to contract to how much percent in the current fiscal 2020-21 (FY21)?
- According to India Ratings and Research, India’s GDP is expected to contract to how much percent in the current fiscal 2020-21 (FY21)?
- According to Goldman Sachs, India’s GDP is expected to contract to how much percent in the current fiscal 2020-21 (FY21)?
- Dr. Govind Swarup who passed away in September 2020, is known to be the father of India’s _________?
B) Infrared astronomy
C) Radio Astronomy
D) Electromagnetic radiation
- Jayaprakash Reddy who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- Narendra Swain who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- Liberation war fighter and a prominent public figure of __________ Ziauddin Tariq Ali passed away.
D) Saudi Arabia
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Central Institute of Petrochemical Engineering & Technology (CIPET) situated?
- Where is the HQ of Bank of India situated?
- Where is the HQ of Fitch Ratings situated?
A) Birmingham, UK
B) New York, USA
C) California, USA
D) London, UK
- Where is the HQ of India Ratings & Research Private Limited situated?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Goldman Sachs situated?
A) New York, USA
B) Berlin, Germany
C) Sydney, Australia
D) Ottawa, Canada