Current Affairs 11 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 10 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 10, 2020
- The Finance Ministry sanctioned proposals worth how much amount under the special liquidity scheme to stressed NBFCs and HFCs?
A) Rs 3,700 crore
B) Rs 5,800 crore
C) Rs 8,200 crore
D) Rs 6,400 crore
- What is the theme of International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples for the year 2020?
A) COVID-19 and Indigenous Languages
B) COVID-19 and Indigenous peoples’ resilience
C) COVID-19 and ‘Indigenous peoples’ migration and movement’
D) COVID-19 and Rights of Indigenous People
- Nandi Yellaiah who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- Indian player Manitombi Singh passed away in August 2020. He was related to which of the following sports?
- Which institute has bagged the ‘Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards 2020’ for developing a mechanism for generating electricity from wet clothes left under sunlight to dry?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Jammu
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Jodhpur
- With effect from August 1, 2020, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) IPL team appointed which bank as its official retail banking partner?
A) Au Small Finance Bank Ltd.
B) Equitas Small Finance Bank
C) Capital Small Finance Bank Ltd.
D) ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd.
- Under the initiative called ‘Flipkart Samarth’, the ecommerce company Flipkart has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the One District, One Product (ODOP) scheme of which state to bring artisans, weavers and craftsmen of the state into mainstream business?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) Uttar Pradesh
- Researchers from which institute along with Imperial College London, UK, have developed a tailored ‘meta-grid’ of nanoparticles that could make light-emitting diodes (LEDs) brighter, energy-efficient and durable?
A) IIT Jalandhar
B) IIT Guwahati
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Kharagpur
- FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) has signed an agreement with which of the following for collaborative research and information dissemination in the area of food and nutrition?
A) Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
B) Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
C) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
D) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- In August 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred banks from opening which accounts for customers who have availed cash credit or overdraft facilities?
A) Saving Accounts
B) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Accounts
C) Current Accounts
D) Fixed Deposits
- In August 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) permitted whom to invest in debt instruments through mutual funds without allocating additional charges?
B) Non-Bank Financial Institutions
C) Housing Finance Companies
D) Financial Services Companies
- According to a report by Asian Development Bank, Asia-Pacific may see remittance losses of how much amount due the Coronavirus pandemic?
A) $47.4-62.8 billion
B) $31.4-62.8 billion
C) $47.4-54.3 billion
D) $31.4-54.3 billion
- How much amount has been released by the central government to the states under a scheme to promote mechanization in the agriculture sector?
A) Rs 376 crore
B) Rs 553 crore
C) Rs 872 crore
D) Rs 619 crore
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, All India Institute of Medical Sciences and who among the following have proposed to set up a National Clinical Registry for COVID-19?
A) Indian Council of Medical Research
B) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
C) Institute Of Economic Growth
D) Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
- Which government announced new Electric Policy in which it will given an incentive of up to ₹1.5 lakh for new cars?
A) Andhra Pradesh
- In August 2020, “Medicine Van” were flagged off for the flood victims of which state?
- Mobile app named “Awaz-e-Rajouri” has been launched in the district of which state/UT?
A) New Delhi
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Jammu and Kashmir
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) announced the opening of its first of its kind Training cum Production Center of Silk in which state?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the committee by the central government for determination of ceiling rates under a scheme for reimbursement of taxes and duties to exporters?
A) Sanjay Kumar Sharma
B) Anil Bhan
C) G K Pillai
D) Suraj Chakraborty
- On the occasion of Handloom Day on 7th August, Union Minister Smriti Irani launched which portal for individual weavers and organisations to get benefitted of the various schemes of the government?
A) Handloom India
B) My Handloom
C) Handloom for All
D) Handloom Industry
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the constituency of Union Minister of Textiles, Smt. Smriti Irani?
D) Bangalore North
- Where is the HQ of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research located?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India located?
C) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Equitas Small Finance Bank situated?