Current Affairs 11 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 10 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 10, 2019
- Recently Don Pramudwinai,foreign minister of which country was on 3 day visit to India?
Explanation: Thailand Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai arrived in Delhi on a three-day visit to India with an aim to boost bilateral relations.
- Recently which Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme has been launched from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru?
Explanation: Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- ‘DHRUV’, a 14 day learning programme, has been launched from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru
- Recently the Union Cabinet approved how much percent hike in DA to Central government employees?
Explanation: The Union Cabinet approved an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners with effect from July 1, 2019.
- Recently the central government extended Aadhar seeding date for PM KISAN scheme to which date?
Explanation: The central government extended Aadhaar seeding date to allow farmers to avail Rs 6,000 benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme till November 30.
- Recently Union Minister of State for Home, Nityanand Rai launched which application to facilitate railway passengers?
Explanation: Union Minister of State for Home, Nityanand Rai launched a Government Railway Police (GRP) website and a mobile App (Sahyatri-Delhi Railway police) at NDMC convention centre in Delhi.
- Which state government launched a new eye care programme named ‘Dr. YSR Kanti Velugu’ on the occasion of World Sight Day?
Explanation: Andhra Pradesh government led by Chief Minister Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched a new eye care programme named ‘Dr. YSR Kanti Velugu’ on the occasion of World Sight Day.
- Recently PM Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp in honour of which personality?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp in honour of Marshal of the Indian Air Force late Arjan Singh. This year is the birth centenary of him.
- Which polar polar researcher from Kerala will join largest ever Arctic expedition “MOSAiC Expedition“?
Explanation: Vishnu Nandan, polar researcher from Kerala will join largest ever Arctic expedition “MOSAiC Expedition“. He will be the only Indian aboard among the 300 researchers for multidisciplinary drifting observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate expedition.
- which system was recently developed by research agencies to warn fishermen of danger?
Explanation: To avoid communication blackouts that led to 20 fishermen going missing in the aftermath of Cyclone Okchi in 2017, a slew of government departments, research agencies and private companies have developed GEMINI, a portable receiver linked to ISRO-satellites, that is “fail-proof” and warn fishermen of danger.
- Recently India handed over 10,000 vials of anti-rabies vaccines to which country?
Explanation: India has handed over 10,000 vials of anti-rabies vaccines to Myanmar in an effort to help the Naypyitaw in its fight against the Rabies disease.
- As per scientists from USA,which planet overtook Jupiter as the planet with most moons?
Explanation: Twenty new moons have been found around Saturn, giving the ringed planet a total of 82, scientists from US said. That beats Jupiter and its 79 moons.
- Who received the Russian Order of Courage from President Vladimir Putin?
Explanation: U.S. astronaut Nick Hague received the Russian Order of Courage from President Vladimir Putin for his actions nearly a year ago when he and a cosmonaut had to abort a mission shortly after takeoff.
- Recently RBI rejected which bank plan to merge with Indiabulls Housing Finance?
A)Kotak Mahindra Bank
B)Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Explanation: The proposed merger of private sector lender Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) with home financier Indiabulls Housing Finance has failed to get approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Recently RBI has given the final approval for the merger of which state district cooperative banks?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has given the final approval for the merger of district co-operative banks (DCBs) in Kerala with Kerala State Co-operative Bank. The combined entity will be called the ‘Kerala Bank’.
- As per World Bank,Asia Pacific growth may slow to how much percent in 2019?
Explanation: Growth in developing East Asian and Pacific economies is expected to slow from 6.3 per cent last year to 5.8 per cent in 2019 and to 5.7 and 5.6 per cent in 2020 and 2021 respectively, reflecting a broad-based decline in export growth and manufacturing activity, the World Bank said.
- Which state signed MoU with Bahrain for cooperation in Fin-Tech, ICT and IoT start-ups?
Explanation: The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), the investment promotion agency for the Kingdom of Bahrain, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Kerala Start-up Mission (KSUM) – the Kerala government body for supporting technology start-ups in Kerala.
- Recently at how much percent India GDP will grow in FY20 according to India Ratings?
Explanation: India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) revised its forecast of India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth in current financial year downward to 6.1 per cent following the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) estimating Q1 growth to be 5 per cent, much lower than Ind-Ra’s estimate of 5.7 per cent.
- who has become the first woman cricketer to complete 20 years in the international cricket?
Explanation: India skipper Mithali Raj has achieved a remarkable feat by becoming the first woman cricketer to complete 20 years in the international cricket.
- The 4th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships held at which state?
Explanation: Services continued its domination at the national level and defended the national title while Shiva Thapa (63kg), Mohammad Hussamuddin (57kg) and PL Prasad (52kg) won gold medals on the last day of 4th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships at the Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technology.
- Who will become the first woman referee to officiate in an International Cricket Council (ICC) event?
Explanation: Indian referee G S Lakshmi will become the first woman referee to officiate in an International Cricket Council (ICC) event as the apex body of cricket announced the list of the match officials for the league phase of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019.
- Who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature 2019?
Explanation: The Nobel Prize in Literature 2019 was awarded to Austrian author Peter Handke “for an influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the specificity of human experience.”The Nobel Prize in Literature for 2018 is awarded to the Polish author Olga Tokarczuk “for a narrative imagination that with encyclopedic passion represents the crossing of boundaries as a form of life.”
- Which holiday destination bagged the prestigious National Tourism Award 2017-18?
Explanation: Andaman Holidays, leading destination management and yacht agency in the Andamans, has bagged the prestigious National Tourism Award 2017-18 for organising India’s first-ever yacht carnival – Sail the Andamans – in 2018 and 2019 at the Andaman Islands. The award recognizes the Andaman Yacht Carnival as the most innovative and unique tourism product.
- Recently which state government Felicitated PV Sindhu who became the first Indian to win the BWF World Championship?
Explanation: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu, who recently became the first Indian to win the BWF World Championships, was felicitated by the Kerala State Government.
- Which Company has been conferred the title of India’s Greatest Brand 2018-19 at the Asian Business and Social Summit organised by AsiaOne & URS Media?
A)Mahindra and Mahindra
D)J Mitra And Co
Explanation: India’s leading in-vitro diagnostics company, J Mitra and Co has been conferred the title of India’s Greatest Brand 2018-19, and Jatin Mahajan, the managing director of the company has been conferred the title of India’s Greatest Leader 2018-19 at the Asian Business and Social Summit organised by AsiaOne & URS Media.
- what is the theme of this year’s World Mental Health Day?
A)Mental Health in the Workplace
B)Mobilizing efforts for mental health
C)Young people and mental health
D)Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention
Explanation: World Mental Health Day (10 October) is an international day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma.This year’s theme is “Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention”.
- what is theme of this year’s World Sight Day?
B)Eye care for All
D)Universal Eye Health
Explanation: World Sight Day, observed annually on the second Thursday of October, is a global event meant to draw attention on blindness and vision impairment. This year it was celebrated on 10th October.This year’s theme is “Vision First”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the capital of Thailand?
- What is the capital of Myanmar?
- Where is the HQ of Lakshmi Vilas Bank?