Current Affairs 11 September 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 10 September 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 10, 2018
- The government has set up a group of secretaries to look into the issues of e-commerce policy.It will be chaired by secretary of which department?
D)Ministry of Finance
Explanation: With concerns being raised on some proposals of the draft e-commerce policy, the government has set up a group of secretaries to look into the issues, according to an official.The group will be chaired by the secretary in the DIPP.
- The government said recently that which disease will be covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana?
Explanation: The government has said that treatment of childhood cancer will be covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. The scheme will provide health insurance cover of five lakh rupess to poor families. BPL and lower-middle-class families will benefit from it.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi,his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina and CM’s of which two states jointly inaugurated three projects in Bangladesh recently?
A)Uttar Pradesh and Assam
B)Maharshtra and Tripura
C)West Bengal and Tripura
D)Assam and Tripura
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi,his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina and Chief Ministers of West Bengal and Tripura jointly inaugurated three projects in Bangladesh via video conferencing.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj signed agreement for the implementation of e-VidyaBharati and e-Aarogya Bharati(e-VBAB) Network Project in which city?
Explanation: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj gestures at a function before signing of an agreement for the implementation of e-VidyaBharati and e-Aarogya Bharati(e-VBAB) Network Project, in New Delhi.
- Marbat festival is celebrated in which city?
Explanation: Thousands of people thronged the streets of Maharashtra’s Nagpur city to celebrate the Marbat festival.As per the tradition, the devotees took out a procession carrying effigies that represent evil forces. The clay effigies or ‘Marbats’ of Kali (black) and Pivli (Yellow) were the main attraction of the procession.
- Which state government launched the doorstep delivery of 40 public services through a mobile app “Mobile Sahayak”?
Explanation: Calling it a “historic step” and “revolutionary change”, the Delhi government launched the doorstep delivery of 40 public services for the people living in the national capital.
- Which state government launched a universal helpline service 181 for women in distress?
Explanation: Goa government’s Women and Child Development Ministry launched a universal helpline service for women in distress in the coastal state.
- MILEX 18 field training exercise started in which city?
Explanation: The inaugural Military Field Training Exercise for the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi Sectoral Technological and Economic Cooperation nations called MILEX 18, started with a grand opening ceremony at Aundh Military Station Pune. The military exercise will be held from September 10 to 16, amongst teams from member nations.
- Which country will launch the biggest military drills in its history involving 300,000 troops as well as Chinese soldiers?
Explanation: Russia will launch the biggest military drills in its history involving 300,000 troops as well as Chinese soldiers, in a move NATO denounced as “exercising large-scale conflict”.The week-long deployment alongside Chinese and Mongolian armies dubbed “Vostok-2018” (East-2018) will start in eastern Siberia on September 11.
- Which space agency only robot exploring the Asteroid Belt is about to die?
Explanation: NASA’s only robot exploring the Asteroid Belt is about to die. So the space agency is hosting a live event to celebrate its discoveries.
- Which bank launched overdraft facility for MSMEs based on GST returns?
Explanation: Micro,small and medium enterprises will now be able to get quick overdraft of up to Rs 1 crore for working capital requirements, based on their goods and services tax (GST) returns.
- Which team won the Duleep Trophy 2018?
Explanation: India Blue thrashed defending champion India Red by an innings and 187 runs in the final to win the Duleep Trophy at NPR College ground in Dindigul, Tamil Nadu.
- Which Jumper created history by becoming the first Indian to win a medal in the IAAF Continental Cup?
Explanation: Triple Jumper Arpinder Singh created history by becoming the first Indian to win a medal in the IAAF Continental Cup as he clinched a bronze. He was representing the Asia-Pacific team in the meet, held once every four years.
- Who won US Open title 2018?
C)Juan Martin del Potro
Explanation: Novak Djokovic beats Juan Martin del Potro in straight sets to win the US Open men’s singles final.This is his his third U.S. Open title and 14th major overall.
- Who won the mixed doubles title of US Open 2018?
A)Bethanie Mattek Sands and Jamie Murray
B)Nikola Mektic and Alicja Rosolska
C)Jamie Murray and Nikola Mektic
D)Jamie Murray and Bethanie Mattek Sands
Explanation: Britain’s Jamie Murray and US’s Bethanie Mattek Sands have won the US Open Mixed doubles title beating Alicja Rosolska and Nikola Mektic in a thrilling tie-break.
- Who will takeover Jack Ma as the new Chairman of Alibaba Group Holdings Limited?
A)Chhe Hwa Tung
Explanation: Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group Holding Limited Monday said its chief executive officer Daniel Zhang will succeed Jack Ma as the chairman of the board next year.
- Which company won Wifi Leadership Awards 2018?
Explanation: BSNL yet again swept WiFi Leadership Awards 2018 by bagging six awards and emerged as the largest public WiFi focused organization while Vipin Tyagi, Executive Director, C-DOT was conferred WiFi Leader of the Year at My India WiFi India Summit and Awards 2018 organised by DigiAnalysys in New Delhi.
- When is World Suicide Prevention Day(WSPD) observed?
Explanation: World Suicide Prevention Day(WSPD) is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world since 2003.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of BSNL?
- Where is the HQ of Alibaba Group?