Current Affairs 12 August 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 11 August 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 11, 2019
- The One Nation One Ration Card is to be implemented across the country by which year?
A)31 March, 2022
B)Aug 1, 2022
C)June 1, 2020
D)July 1, 2021
Explanation: In a bid to implement ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ across the country by 1 June, 2020, the Centre kick-started inter-state portability of ration card between Telangana-Andhra Pradesh as well as Maharashtra-Gujarat
- Which state released biofuel rules 2019 recently?
Explanation: The Rajasthan government released biofuel rules-2019 on the eve of the World Biofuel Day. Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot said Rajasthan is the first state in the country to bring the policy for biofuel after the notification of the Centre. Promotion of biofuel will reduce the need of fossil fuel in the interest of environment, and also generate employment opportunities
- Which state “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” drive has created world record after planting more than 22 crore saplings?
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh’s “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” drive has created world record after planting more than 22 crore saplings.
- Which state government has appointed Elangbam Valentina Devi as brand ambassador for Chief Minister Green Mission?
Explanation: The Manipur government has appointed a nine-year-old girl as the brand ambassador for the Chief Minister’s Green Manipur Mission, after a video of her crying inconsolably on seeing the two trees planted by her being cut down went viral on social media.
- The 3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave was inaugurated in which state?
Explanation: The 3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave was inaugurated at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) in Manesar, Haryana. The Conclave was held to create a knowledge sharing platform to ensure flow of information at all levels in the automotive sector.
- Which Organization has launched “leather mission” on World Tribal Day?
C)KHadi and Village Industry Commission
Explanation: The Khadi and Village Industry Commission has launched “Leather Mission” on World Tribal Day (9 August). Under this mission, the commission will give leather kits to the leather artisans across the nation
- Who will head the panel that has been created by RBI to examine issues relating to offshore rupee markets?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) task force, chaired by Usha Thorat, set up to examine the issues relating to the offshore rupee markets has submitted its report to the governor.
- Recently Digital Healthcare platform Practo has parterned with which bank to launch a co branded credit card powered by Mastercard?
Explanation: Digital healthcare platform, Practo has partnered with RBL Bank to launch a co-branded credit card, powered by Mastercard. The card is designed to cater to customers in both metros and non-metro cities, through Practo and RBL Bank’s customer base across the country.
- Recently Afghanistan Cricket Board suspended which player contract for indefinite period?
Explanation: Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) suspended the contract of Mohammad Shahzad for an indefinite period stating that the wicket-keeper batsman breached ACB’s Code of Conduct.
- Recently Dayanidhi Nayak passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Noted freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak, who struggled against the British Government during the Quit India movement, has passed away at the age of 95.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- what is the currency of Afghanistan?
- Where is the HQ of RBL Bank?