Current Affairs 12 December 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 11 December 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 11, 2018
- Finance ministry decided to increase its contribution to NPS for the central government employees to how much percent?
Explanation: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the Centre has decided to increase its contribution to the NPS for the central government employees to 14 percent and also made the entire withdrawal amount tax free at the time of retirement.
- An international storytelling festival “BhuFesto” was organized in which city?
Explanation: An international storytelling festival “BhuFesto” was organised for the differently- abled children in Bhubaneshwar where special storytelling sessions for children with visual and hearing disabilities was organised.
- The 24th district “Lepa Rada” was formally inaugurated in which state?
Explanation: the 24th district of Arunachal Pradesh Lepa Rada was formally inaugurated a day after Shi Yomi became a new district.
- Which state government launched a 24 hour helpline number “181” for women, among others, facing domestic violence and sexual harassment?
Explanation: The tamil Nadu government launched a 24 hour helpline number for women, among others, facing domestic violence and sexual harassment.
- Who will head the committee constituted for the appointment of Lokayukta in Odisha?
A)K ChandraSekhar Rao
Explanation: A seven member search committee headed by Justice Amitabh Ray has been constituted for the appointment of Lokayukta in the state.
- Who recently resigned from the post of part-time member of EAC-PM(Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister)?
B)Surjit S Bhalla
Explanation: Economist Dr Surjit S Bhalla announced that he has resigned as a part-time member of EAC-PM(Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister).
- Recently,Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla resigned.He was the former CM of which state?
Explanation: Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla evening submitted his resignation to Governor Kummanam Rajasekhar after the Congress suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of opposition Mizo National Front(MNF).
- Recently,CM Raman Singh resigned.He was the former CM of which state?
Explanation: Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh resigned taking moral responsibility for the BJP’s stunning defeat in Assembly election.
- Which country became 38th member of Financial Action Task Force(FATF)?
Explanation: Israel became a full member of the global financial watchdog on money laundering and terror financing after having previously been blacklisted by the organisation.
- India and China “Hand in Hand” exercise was held in which city?
Explanation: india and China began the 7th round of their ‘Hand in Hand” military drills in the Chinese city of Chengdu as part of the focussed efforts by the two militaries to improve ties after last year’s standoff at Doklam.
- India handed over 50 housing units to which country?
Explanation: india has handed over 50 housing units in the Rakhine province to Myanmar during President Ram Nath Kovind’s maiden visit to the country
- Centre and Asian Development Bank signed how much loan agreement to boost tourism in Tamil nadu?
Explanation: A project to boost tourism in Tamil nadu will be funded by the Asian Development Bank(ADB) to the tune of $31 million(about Rs 222.84 crore).
- Who became the first ever Asian skipper to win Test series in South Africa,England and Australia?
Explanation: Virat Kohli had to wait for seven long years to be part of a winning Test team in Australia. However, when he did so, he became the first ever Indian captain to help the visitors take a 1-0 lead on an Australian tour.
- Who topped the list of ICC Test Rankings(Batsmen) 2018?
Explanation: In the latest ICC cricket rankings,India captain Virat Kohli maintains his top spot.
- Which organization Hockey’s Academy won 115th All India Aga Khan Gold Cup Hockey Tournament?
A)Steel Authority Of India
B)Bharat Electronics Limited
C)Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Explanation: Steel Authority of India’s Hockey Academy beat Army XI Danapur 2-1 to clinch the 115th All India Aga Khan Gold Cup Hockey Tournament.
- Who was appointed as new RBI Governor?
A)Mahesh Kumar Jain
Explanation: the government appointed former Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das as the new RBI Governor, a day after Urjit Patel suddenly resigned
- Which journalist was on the list of Time’s Magazine’s Person of the year 2018?
Explanation: Slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi is on the shortlist for Time’s Magazine’s Person of the year 2018.
- Who became the first ever recipient of the Women’s Tennis Association(WTA) Coach of the Year Award?
Explanation: Sascha Bajin, coach of the world number five Naomi Osaka, has become the first ever recipient of the Women’s Tennis Association(WTA) Coach of the Year Award.
- Recently,CN Balakrishnan passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Senior Congress leader and former Kerala Minister CN Balakrishnan passed away at a private hospital in Kochi due to pneumonia.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Mountain Day?
A)#Mountain Minorities and indigenous peoples
D)#Mountains Under Pressure
Explanation: The UN designated 11 December as “International Mountain Day”.The theme is “#MountainsMatters”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of International Tennis Federation?
- Where is the HQ of International Cricket Council?
- Where is the HQ of Asian Development Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Financial Action Task Force?