Current Affairs 12 March 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 11 March 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 11, 2018
- Who has been nominated to be the next head of the Press Information Bureau (PIB) w.e.f May 1, 2018??
A) Sitanshu Kar
B) Mohan Chandak
C) Neelam Kapur
D) Harsh Bhal
Explanation: All India Radio’s News Services Division (NSD) director general Sitanshu Kar will be the next head of the Press Information Bureau (PIB) after superannuation of Frank Noronha on April 30.
- The Founding Conference of International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held in which city recently?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: Founding Conference of International Solar Alliance (ISA), which is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana, was held in New Delhi. PM Narendra Modi held bilateral level talks with several heads of states on the sidelines of the International Solar Alliance Founding Conference in New Delhi. He met leaders from Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Seychelles, Comoros and several other countries.
- Who among the following has been conferred with the FMSCI National MotorSports Person of the Year 2017?
A) Arjun Maini
B) Jehan Daruvala
C) Armaan Ebrahim
D) Anindith Reddy
Explanation: Hyderabads Anindith Reddy was crowned ‘FMSCI National MotorSports Person of the Year 2017. The country’s outstanding performers during the year were felicitated at the FMSCI Awards Nite, including Arjun Maini, Jehan Daruvala, Aditya Patel, Armaan Ebrahim, Gaurav Gill and Abhilash PG.
- Name the rakhi sister of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who passed away recently at the age of 103.
A) Sharbati Devi
B) Rajeshwari Devi
C) Champa Rani
D) Bandhani Devi
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rakhi sister Sharbati Devi has passed away at the age of 103. Sharbati Devi had hit the headlines last year when she met Prime Minister Modi at his official residence in Lok Kalyan Marg on Raksha Bandhan. She was invited by the Prime Minister himself to tie a rakhi on his wrist.
- In an effort to prevent bank fraud, the government has made passport detail mandatory for loans above Rs _______ crore.
A) Rs 75 crore
B) Rs 25 crore
C) Rs 50 crore
D) Rs 10 crore
Explanation: Passport details of borrowers taking loans of Rs 50 crore and more have been made mandatory to ensure a swift action in case of fraud and prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country. Passport details will help banks to take timely action and inform the relevant authorities to prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country.
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank has recently launched a loan scheme named Vikas She Plus for women entrepreneurs. What is the maximum loan amount under the scheme?
A) ₹1 lakh
B) ₹2 lakh
C) ₹3 lakh
D) ₹4 lakh
Explanation: Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has launched ‘Vikas She Plus’, a loan scheme for women to take up new ventures or for expanding/modifying the existing enterprises. This scheme provides loan up to a maximum of ₹2 lakh with a repayment period of 60 months.
- The first-ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea named MILES-18 has been organized at which place?
A) Andaman sea
B) Red Sea
C) Persian Gulf
D) Arabian Sea
Explanation: The first-ever multi-nation naval exercise at sea, MILES-18, began at the Andaman sea. 11 naval ships of 8 countries and nine Indian ships are participating in the three-day exercise.
- Name the Indian women wrestler to attain world number 2 ranking in the 65kg weight category rankings released by United World Wrestling
A) Sakshi Malik
B) Navjot Kaur
C) Bajrang Punia
D) Sangeeta Phogat
Explanation: Navjot Kaur, who clinched a gold medal at the recently concluded Asian Wrestling Championships in Bishkek, has jumped to the second spot in the world women’s 65kg weight category rankings released by United World Wrestling. In the same category, Finland’s Petra Oly, the 2016 European Champion, has secured the first place in the UWW rankings.
- Ranjan Roy passed away recently. He was related to which profession?
Explanation: Senior journalist Ranjan Roy has passed away after battling cancer for several years. Roy, chief of the Times News Network (TNN) and a member of the paper’s national editorial board, was 57.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Who is the current Chief of Press Information Bureau (PIB)?
A) R Venkateswarlu
B) S. M. Khan
C) Frank Noronha
D) Sanjeev Shrivastava
- Where is the headquarter of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)?
Explanation: Head Office of the Bank is situated at Dharwad, located in the state of Karnataka. The bank is currently operating in 9 districts in the State.