Current Affairs 12 November 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 11 November 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 11, 2017
- Name the first women to be elected as the President of NASSCOM with effect from March 2018.
A) Kaku Nakhate
B) Debjani Ghosh
C) Meg Whitman
D) Shanti Ekambaram
- Which among the given organization has been named as the recipient of the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2017?
A) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
B) UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
C) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
D) World Food Programme (WFP)
- As a part of the ongoing Indo-Bangladesh defense cooperation, an army training capsule on counter-insurgency/ counter-terrorism operations will be conducted in which city?
- The first power plant under the Prime Minister’s Ladakh Renewable Energy Initiative has been commissioned in which of the given places?
- Who among the given ministers has been elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan on November 9, 2017?
A) Ghanshyam Tiwari
B) K.J. Alphons Kannathanam
C) Arun Chaturvedi
D) Abhishek Manu Singhvi
- Who has been named as the new head of UNESCO?
A) Catherine Samba-Panz
B) Sarah Al-Suhaimi
C) Audrey Azoulay
D) Dilma Rousseff
- As per the new notification of the Union Government, the central government employees can now take an advance of up to Rs ______lakh instead of Rs 7.50 lakh for the construction or purchase of house.
A) Rs 25 lakh
B) Rs 20 Lakh
C) Rs 22 Lakh
D) Rs 15 Lakh
- Which country has claimed to soon become the first nation to make contact with alien life using the world’s largest radio dish?
- When is the World Science Day for Peace and Development observed?
A) November 11
B) November 9
C) November 8
D) November 10
- Union environment ministry has formed a 7 member panel headed by whom to formulate measures to deal with air pollution problem in the Delhi-NCR region?
A) Parvesh Verma
B) Vijay Jolly
C) Vinod Kumar Binny
D) CK Mishra
- Late Kirti Nidhi Bista was the former Prime Minister of which country?
D) Sri Lanka
- The second meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA) under the chairmanship of Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh was held in which city?
B) New Delhi
- Name the first country in the world to partner with the social networking site Facebook on disaster response.
- Well known Hindi author Manu Sharma was a winner of which among the given awards?
A) Jnanpith Award
B) Sahitya Akademi Award
C) Padma Shri
D) Booker Prize
- National Education Day is observed on ___________
A) November 11
B) November 10
C) November 9
D) November 12
- In an effort to relieve agencies like CBSE from conducting entrance examinations, the Union Cabinet has approved the creation of NTA to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. Expand NTA.
A) National Test Association
B) Non-Teaching Agency
C) National Testing Agency
D) Non-Technical Association
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarter of NASSCOM located?
D) New Delhi
- Minicoy Island is located in ________
B) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
C) Daman and Diu
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is headquartered at____________
A) Washington, D.C., United States
B) Geneva, Switzerland
C) New York, United States
D) Rome, Italy
- National Education Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of ___________
A) Siddhartha Shankar Ray
B) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
D) Humayun Kabir