Current Affairs 13 April 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 12 April 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 12, 2020
- Which Station has got the unique distinction of becoming the first station on Indian Railways to install a Walk Through Mass Sanitizing Tunnel?
Explanation: Ahmedabad station of Western Railway has got the unique distinction of becoming the first station on Indian Railways to install a Walk Through Mass Sanitizing Tunnel. The tunnel was inaugurated by Ahmedabad DRM Deepak Jha.
- As per CMIE data, Jobless rate amid Covid-19 lockdown period hitted how much percent?
Explanation: Unemployment rate during March 30-April 5 rose to 23.4 per cent and the labour participation rate fell to 36 per cent, reflecting the impact of lockdown to tackle COVID-19 outbreak, data released by Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy showed.
- Which minister participated in the G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting recently called by Saudi Arabia?
Explanation: Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting.
- Who was chosen as face of the campaign launched by RBI to urge bank customers to adopt digital payment modes?
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India urged bank customers to adopt digital modes of payment that are convenient and safe.
- Recently Mohammed Sharif announced his retirement from which sports?
Explanation: Bangladesh pacer Mohammad Sharif, who last played an international match in 2007, announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on Saturday, ending a 20-year-long illustrious domestic career.
- Recently, Mahabaleshwara M S was reappointed as MD of which bank?
A)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: Private sector lender Karnataka Bank said it has received RBI nod for reappointment of Mahabaleshwara M S as MD and CEO for next three years.
- Recently which ex RBI governor was named in key IMF external advisory group?
Explanation: Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan and 11 others have been named by International Monetary Fund (IMF) managing director Kristalina Georgieva to her external advisory group to provide perspectives from around the globe on key developments and policy issues, including responses to challenges over coronavirus pandemic.
- which state launched “T COVID-19″ mobile application?
Explanation: Telangana Minister KT Rama Rao launched “T COVID-19″ mobile application, a single source of information on coronavirus, which is aimed at curbing the spread of fake news
- Which Institute has developed a “digital stethoscope” that can listen to heart beats from a distance and record them, minimising the risk of healthcare professionals contracting the novel coronavirus from patients?
Explanation: team at the Indian Institute of Technology of Bombay (IIT-B) has developed a “digital stethoscope” that can listen to heart beats from a distance and record them, minimising the risk of healthcare professionals contracting the novel coronavirus from patients.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy?
- What is the tagline of Karnataka Bank?
A)Your Family Bank across India
B)We understand your world
C)Aao Sochein Badha
D)India international Bank