Current Affairs 13 October 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 12 October 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 12, 2017
- Union Government has decided to commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi from 2 Oct _______ to 2 Oct ______.
A) 2018, 2019
B) 2020, 2021
C) 2019, 2020
D) 2017, 2018
- What is the rank of India among 119 countries in the Global Hunger Index (GHI), 2017 according to report by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)?
- According to World Payment Report 2017, digital payments in India will grow at a compound annual growth rate of how much percent during 2016 to 2020?
- Who will head the national committee constituted to commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi From 2 Oct 2019 to 2 Oct 2020?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Arun Jaitley
C) Rajnath Singh
D) Nitin Gadkari
- Which of the following Indian city will host the 12th World Sudoku Championship and the 26th World Puzzle Championship in October 2017?
- Which country has overtaken the United States to become the world’s largest ice cream producer?
- Which of the following banks has launched a mobile app – Trade Transaction Tracker – to help customers track the status of their trade transactions on a real-time basis?
A) DBS Bank
B) Barclays Bank
C) HSBC Bank
D) Deutsche Bank
- According to a set of fresh guidelines given by the Reserve Bank of India in October 2017, what is the limit on minimum KYC mobile wallets that they can hold?
A) Rs 5,000
B) Rs 10,000
C) Rs 12,000
D) Rs 15,000
- According to a set of fresh guidelines given by the Reserve Bank of India in October 2017, what is the limit on full KYC mobile wallets that they can hold?
A) Rs 50,000
B) Rs 80,000
C) Rs 1,00,000
D) Rs 1,20,000
- According to International Data Corporation (IDC), the global Internet of Things (IoT) market spend will grow from $625.2 billion in 2015 to ______ trillion in 2020.
- According to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the Indian Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for August released showed that factory output grew _____ against the same month last year.
- Which of the following telecom company has acquired the telecom business of Tata Group?
A) Reliance Jio
C) Bharti Airtel
- Esther Staubli of ___________ will become the first female referee to officiate a match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, where she will be the referee in a FIFA 2017 match to be held in Kolkata in October 2017?
- Which Indian cricketer has been appointed as the Laureus’ first Indian ambassador?
A) Yuvraj Singh
B) Sachin Tendulkar
C) Rahul Dravid
D) Kapil Dev
- Which of the following Indian cricketer announced his retirement from all forms of cricket effective November 1?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Suresh Raina
C) Shikhar Dhawan
D) Ashish Nehra
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Union Health Secretary in October 2017?
A) Charu Mehta
B) Garima Gupta
C) Preeti Sudan
D) Keerti Nanda
- The Asam Sahitya Sabha is going to confer the first Centenary National Award for Literature to whom among the following?
A) Namita Gokhale
B) Garima Gupta
C) Deepti Sardana
D) Priya Khatter
- To whom among the following, President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for the year 2017?
A) Bindeshwar Pathak
B) Biren Sandhu
C) Kailash Satyarthi
D) Ravi Kumar Verma
- What is the theme of the International Day of the Girl Child 2017?
A) EmPOWER Girls: Before, during and after crises
B) Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: What Counts for Girls
C) Empowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence
D) The Power of the Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030
Static GK related to Today’s Current Affairs
- The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has decided to appoint how many female referees for the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017, which will also be the first time to do so?
- Where is the headquarters of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) situated?
A) Dubai, UAE
B) Shanghai, China
C) London, United Kingdom
D) None of these
- Where is the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) located?
A) Ottawa, Canada
B) Bern, Switzerland
C) London, United Kingdom
D) Washington, D.C., USA
- When is observed International Day of the Girl Child annually?
A) 11 October
B) 12 October
C) 13 October
D) 14 October