Current Affairs 13 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 12 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 12, 2020
- What is the theme of World Day Against the Death Penalty 2020?
A) The Death Penalty does not stop drug crimes
B) Declaration of Human Rights: the right to life
C) Living conditions on death row
D) Access to counsel – A matter of life or death
- What is the theme of the World Arthritis Day 2020?
A) Arthritis risks and impacts
B) Don’t Delay, Connect Today
D) It’s in your hands, take action
- Which state government has become the first to collaborate with the Postal Department to enroll 11,000 farmers, eligible to avail the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN), under which small and marginal farmers get up to Rs 6,000 per year as minimum income support?
A) West Bengal
- Who won the French Open title 2020?
A) Alexander Zverev
B) Andy Murray
C) Novak Djokovic
D) Rafael Nadal
- Who won the 2020 Eifel Grand Prix held in Germany?
A) Lewis Hamilton
B) Sebastian Vettel
C) Daniel Ricciardo
D) Max Verstappen
- Which state became the first in the country to form a Welfare Fund Board for the uplift of farmers in the state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Under which scheme did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch a scheme to distribute property cards to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners in rural areas?
- In October 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of Rs 100 in honour of whom of the following on her birth centenary?
A) Gayatri Raje Scindia
B) Vijaya Raje Scindia
C) Chitrangada Raje Scindia
D) Yashodhara Raje Scindia
- The most coveted trophies of Best Ship among Capital Ships was awarded to which ship in the Fleet Award Function(FAF), 2020?
A) INS Kiltan
B) INS Kora
C) INS Airavat
D) INS Sahyadri
- What is the theme of International Day of the Girl Child 2020?
A) EmPOWER Girls: Emergency response and resilience planning
B) My voice, our equal future
C) With Her: A Skilled GirlForce
D) GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable
- What is the theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2020?
A) Birds Connect Our World
B) Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution
C) Unifying our Voices for Bird Conservation
D) Their Future is Our Future – A Healthy Planet for Migratory Birds and People
- Renowned Indian-origin human rights lawyer Priscilla Jana who passed away in October 2020 was residing in which country?
C) South Africa
- Who won the Chess.com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Chess Championship?
A) Srinath Narayanan
B) Vidit Gujrathi
C) Baskaran Adhiban
D) Nihal Sarin
- Which helpline number was launched by the Rajasthan Government for mental health ”Mann Samvad”?
- When is National Postal Day observed in India?
A) 9 October
B) 12 October
C) 10 October
D) 11 October
- Which government has approved the ‘Tree Transplantation Policy’ for the preservation of trees?
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Where did Union Minister for Science and Technology Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the “DBT-BIRAC Clean Tech Demo Park”?
- Which country has become the first in the world to approve a strain of GMO wheat called HB4 drought-resistant GMO wheat?
- Where will the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) held in 2021?
- Which institute has designed a robotic system capable of identifying the diseases plaguing plants through camera-captured image analysis?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Jodhpur
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Argentina?
- Where is the HQ of World Economic Forum situated?
A) Amsterdam, Netherlands
B) Lausanne, Switzerland
C) Copenhagen, Denmark
D) Cologny, Switzerland