Current Affairs 14 April 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 13 April 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 13, 2019
- As per air quality report 2019-2020, which city in India topped in the most polluted city?
Explanation: The quality of air in Varanasi, Prime Minister Modi’s 2014 Lok Sabha constituency, is positioned 3rd on the WHO’s (World Health Organisation) list of 15 most polluted cities in the world, by the ‘Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report, released by Climate Trends. Kanpur (in Uttar Pradesh) is the most polluted city in the world and is positioned 1 on the list.
- Who will head the committee that has been formed by NGT to prepare and enforce a national plan to make over 350 river structures?
C)Adarsh Kumar Goel
Explanation: The NGT has formed a Central Monitoring Committee to prepare and enforce a national plan to make over 350 river stretches across the country pollution free as it has caused serious threat to safety of water and environment. The NGT directed the Central Monitoring Committee to give its report by July 31.
- Which country surpassed Japan to be the world’s third largest stock market?
Explanation: Hong Kong’s equity market has overtaken Japan to be the world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China. Hong Kong’s market cap was $5.78 trillion, compared with $5.76 trillion for Japan.
- A new species of ancient human “ Homo luzonensis” was found in which country ?
Explanation: A new species of ancient human, thought to have been under 4ft tall and adapted to climbing trees, has been discovered in the Philippines, providing a twist in the story of human evolution.
- Department of Telecom has given in principle approval to Tata Teleservices with Which company?
Explanation: Bharti Airtel has confirmed that it has received in-principle approval from the telecom department on the merger of Tata Teleservices (TTSL) with Airtel. Airtel and TTSL had announced the deal in September 2017. As per the agreement -Airtel will take in the Tata Group-owned telecoms consumer mobile operations in 19 telecom circles – 17 under TTSL and two under TTML.
- At how much percent banks credit growth closed in fiscal 2019?
Explanation: Banks closed fiscal 2019 with robust disbursals that rose in double-digits for the second year in row, after the sub-5 percent in FY17, which was the lowest in five decades. According to the Reserve Bank data released recently, bank credit rose 13.24 percent to Rs 97.67 lakh crore for the fortnight to March 29, while deposits grew by 10.03 percent to Rs 125.72 lakh crore during the same period.
- Who has been named as the recipient of the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019?
Explanation: Rio Paralympics silver medallist Deepa Malik has been named as the recipient of the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019.
- Which state two schemes has won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nations?
Explanation: Two schemes of the West Bengal government for skill development and distribution of bicycles to students have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nations. The schemes are “Utkarsh Bangla” and “Sabooj Sathi”.
- Who has been selected for the Saraswati Samman 2018?
B)K Siva Reddy
Explanation: Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled Pakkaki Ottigilite. The award carries a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- Who has been awarded the Freedom of the city of London in recognition of her work to promote insurance ties between India and Uk?
B)Alice G Vaidyan
D)Upendra Kumar Sinha
Explanation: The Chairman and Managing Director of the General Insurance Corporation (GIC) of India, the country’s reinsurance major, has been awarded the Freedom of the City of London in recognition of her work to promote insurance ties between India and the UK.
- Recently Drupal Borgohain passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Drupad Borgohain, a veteran communist leader and parliamentarian from Assam, passed away at a private nursing home in Dibrugarh after a long illness. He was 78.
- When is International Day of human space flight observed?
Explanation: The International Day of Human Space Flight celebrates the start of the space era for humankind, reaffirming the important contribution of space science and technology in today’s world. The day also aims to promote aspirations to explore and maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.
- What is the theme of this year’s National Safe Motherhood a Day?
A)Midwives and Safety of Mothers
B)Safety of Midwives
C)Midwives For Mothers
D)Mother and Women
Explanation: National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on April 11 every year. National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI), to enforce that women must have the availability and adequate access to care during Pregnancy childbirth and postnatal services.The theme is “Midwives for mother’s”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of National Green Tribunal?
- What is the currency of Philippines?