Current Affairs 14 April 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 13 April 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 13, 2020
- Ahead of extending restrictions on the mobility of goods and persons, the government planned to set up a chain of 20 lakh retail shops.Name it?
Explanation: Ahead of extending restrictions on the mobility of goods and persons, the government plans to set up a chain of 20 lakh retail shops called ‘Suraksha Stores’ across India which will provide daily essentials to citizens while maintaining stringent safety norms.
- In which state, new initiative titled ‘Food Bank’ has been introduced to help needy ?
Explanation: In Manipur, a new initiative titled ‘Food Bank’ has introduced by Imphal East District Administration to provide immediate aid in the form of free food to the poor and needy who are facing scarcity of essential commodities due to the long statewide lockdown in view of the threat of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Which state formed a committee headed by Keshav Maurya to look into how development work in the state can resume amid the countrywide lockdown, while abiding with the social distancing norms?
Explanation: The Uttar Pradesh government has constituted a committee under Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya to look into how development work in the state can resume amid the countrywide lockdown, while abiding with the social distancing norms.
- Under which scheme, Centre announced free LPG refills to PMUY beneficiaries for 3 months?
Explanation: The Central government said that under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY), free LPG refills will be provided to the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) beneficiaries over the period of three months from April to June 2020.
- Which portal was launched by Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal to monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of MHRD which have been taken in the wake of coronavirus outbreak?
Explanation: Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” launched a web-portal ‘YUKTI’ — Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation.
- Which channel was launched by Doordarshan to Telecast All Classic Hit Shows As Its Viewership Tops Charts?
Explanation: Riding high on the successful re-telecast of old classic shows like Ramayana and Mahabharata, the state-owned broadcaster Prasar Bharti has now launched a new channel DD Retro which is dedicated to specifically telecasting old classics.
- Recently MV Rajasekharan passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader MV Rajasekharan passed away at a private hospital. He was 91.
- Recently,which driver who was widely-regarded as the greatest motor racing driver never to win the world title passed away?
Explanation: Stirling Moss, widely-regarded as the greatest motor racing driver never to win the world title, has died aged 90 following a long illness.
- Recently Brooke Taylor passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Comedian and actor Tim Brooke-Taylor has died aged 79 after contracting coronavirus
- Recently which 20-time PGA Tour winner passed away?
Explanation: 20-time PGA Tour winner, Doug Sanders passed away at the age of 86 from natural causes.
- Recently Peter Bonetti passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Chelsea and England goalkeeper Peter Bonetti has died at the age of 78 after a long battle with illness.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- When was Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana launched?
- Where is the HQ of IDBI Bank?