Current Affairs 14 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 13 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 13, 2020
- Who launched a platform, called “Transparent Taxation Honoring the Honest”, which, he/she said will strengthen efforts of “reforming and simplifying our tax system”?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
B) Nitin Gadkari
C) Amit Shah
D) Narendra Modi
- How much amount was released the central government as the fifth equated monthly instalment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant to 14 states in August 2020?
A) Rs 5,875 crore
B) Rs 6,195 crore
C) Rs 3,055 crore
D) Rs 4,565 crore
- Within 41 days of the launch of the PM Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme, how many number of loans were being sanctioned under the scheme?
A) 1 lakh
B) 5 lakhs
C) 3 lakhs
D) 7 lakhs
- A microwave device named ‘Atulya’ that can disinfect any premises in just 30 seconds, disintegrating COVID-19 virus can be used to disinfect up to how much area?
A) 2 m
B) 5 m
C) 6 m
D) 3 m
- Which state government launched Nutritional Immunity Boosting ‘Him Haldi Dudh(Turmeric Latte)’ manufactured by MILKFED?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
- Where will the leading helmet manufacturing company Studds Accessories commission Asia’s largest Helmet Manufacturing Plant?
- Which area in Mumbai, Maharashtra has become the first in India to have women symbols on traffic signals and signage?
- Which state government launched Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana to replace the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Which state government decided to ink an MoU with Small Industrial Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to create newer avenues and growth opportunities for MSME units in the State?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- Which of the following institutes has developed indigenous seed balls named BEEG (Bio -compost Enriched Eco-friendly Globule)?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Bombay
- Name the aerospace startup in India which has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine called Raman, becoming the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability to build a homegrown rocket engine?
A) Drone Aerospace Systems
B) Skyroot Aerospace
C) Honeywell Aerospace
D) Ramco Aviation
- How much amount as humanitarian aid is provided by the European Union in response to severe flooding that has affected South Asia?
A) 1.88 million euro
B) 1.40 million euro
C) 1.28 million euro
D) 1.65 million euro
- In August 2020, RBI announced ‘positive pay’ feature to enhance safety of cheque payments of how much amount and more?
A) Rs 80,000
B) Rs 60,000
C) Rs 50,000
D) Rs 40,000
- Reliance Industries broke which position in the latest ranking in the Fortune Global 500 List?
- Which of the following has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Akola, Maharashtra-based bullion trade and industry associations to facilitate cooperation between the two?
- Which of the following has launched India’s first pocket Android POS device for contactless ordering & payments for SME’s?
- Which mutual funds company has launched a new open ended arbitrage opportunities fund that will invest in equity, derivatives and debt markets?
A) Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund
B) Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
C) Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
D) DSP Mutual Fund
- Which payment gateway has launched feature called ‘Payment Button’ that allows micro-entrepreneurs and freelancers to instantaneously accept digital payments online?
- Who was conferred with the Asian College of Journalism’s award for investigative journalism?
A) Nitin Sethi
B) Vikram Seth
C) Shiv Sahay Singh
D) Raman Kumar
- Who is the author of the new book ‘Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World’ going to be released in November 2020?
A) Salman Rushdie
B) Dalai Lama
C) JK Rowling
D) Jean Auel
- P.K. Muthusamy who passed away recently was associated with which profession?
- Tamilian V Swaminathan who passed away in August 2020 was related to which profession?
A) Film Producer
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of European Union situated?
A) Brussels, Belgium
B) Maastricht, Netherlands
C) Rome, Italy
D) Madrid, Spain
- Where is the HQ of Razorpay located?