Current Affairs 14 August 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 13 August 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 13, 2021
- When is International Left Handers Day observed?
A) August 9
B) August 13
C) August 18
D) August 11
- Player Gopal Bhengra who passed away was related to which sport?
- Which country test fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi?
- Which Indian team won the prestigious National Science Foundation Innovation-Corps (NSF I-Corps) Teams Award in the United States?
B) Rashant Innovation
C) Throttle Motors
- In August 2021, India’s total installed renewable energy generation capacity crossed what mark?
A) 100 GW
B) 150 GW
C) 200 GW
D) 300 GW
- Which state government renamed the ‘Kakori Kand’ to ‘Kakori Train action’ as the word ‘Kand’ denotes a sense of insult to this incident under India’s Independence struggle?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- Where did the Indian Air Force (IAF) build one of the world’s highest mobile air traffic control (ATC) towers?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
- From which district did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch Ujjwala 2.0 (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – PMUY) by handing over LPG connections?
- Tamil Nadu Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which country to procure 2,500 buses for public transport?
- Which state became the first state to recognise Community Forest Resource Rights in an urban area?
B) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state/UT government became the first in the country to launch the transport department’s ‘faceless’ services to bring all transport-related services online?
- Which of the following became the first Indian cryptocurrency exchange to enter the unicorn club with a $90-million (Rs 668-crore) series-C funding round?
- Agritech start-up Arya tied up with which bank for commodity financing?
A) Standard Chartered Bank
B) SBM Bank
C) HSBC India
D) Citi Bank
- NABARD and Jammu & Kashmir Gramin Bank (JKGB) signed MoU with which bank for financing of 1000 Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) State Bank of India
- Who has written the biography of Zohra Sehgal titled “Zohra! A Biography In Four Acts”?
A) Preeti Mittal
B) Rakhi Joshi
C) Ritu Menon
D) Shweta Sawant
- Which airport has been named the world’s best airport on Skytrax’s annual ranking?
A) Hamad International Airport
B) Singapore Changi Airport
C) Tokyo Haneda Airport
D) Narita International Airport
- Who has been roped in by cashify as its first brand ambassador to promote its products and services?
A) Vicky Kaushal
B) Raj Kumar Rao
C) Nawazuddin Siddiqui
D) Ayushmann Khurana
- Who has been appointed as the new chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)?
A) Kamlesh Kumar Pant
B) Ravi Kumar Pandit
C) Shivraj Dhaiya
D) Vikram Bhanu
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla has been given a one-year extension for which post?
A) Union Education Secretary
B) Union Corporate Affairs Secretary
C) Union Home Secretary
D) Union Finance Secretary
- Ten major lenders, including State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Canara Bank and Standard Chartered Bank, have for the first time joined hands to set up an online platform for trading of corporate loans in the secondary market called SLMA. What does A stand for in SLMA?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority situated?
A) New Delhi