Current Affairs 14 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 13 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 13, 2020
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a special festival advance of how much amount to all government employees there by announcing Leave Travel Concession (LTC) cash voucher scheme?
A) Rs 25,000
B) Rs 15,000
C) Rs 20,000
D) Rs 10,000
- Which state is poised to feature on country’s aviation map with a greenfield airport coming in one of its districts?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a package of how much amount to stimulate consumer spending in the economy in an effort to fight the slowdown due to COVID-19 pandemic following lockdown?
A) Rs 78,000 cr
B) Rs 82,000 cr
C) Rs 85,000 cr
D) Rs 73,000 cr
- Which state government announced to dedicate the Navratra festival in October 2020 to women’s safety, dignity and empowerment by launching “Mission Shakti”?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- Which state has become the first in the country to declare the state public education sector completely digital?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
- According to Oxfam’s Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index (CRII) report, what is the rank of India in protecting labour rights?
- According to a study published in the medical journal Lancet, India is likely to overtake which country as the third largest economy in the world by 2050 and continue in that position till 2100?
- Who own the women singles title of the French Open cChampionship?
A) Victoria Azarenka
B) Sofia Kenin
C) Magda Linette
D) Iga Swiatek
- What is the new motto unveiled by the All India Football Federation, the apex body for the sport of football in the country?
A) Spirit in Motion
B) Football for good
C) Faster – Higher – Stronger
D) Indian Football. Forward Together
- Who has been unanimously elected for a second term as the president of India’s motorsports governing body, FMSCI (Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India)?
A) Farooq Ahmed
B) Akbar Ebrahim
C) Yasin Malik
D) Maqbool Bhat
- Delhi girl Chaitanya Venkateswaran recently became the ___________ high commissioner to India for a day?
- Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) awarded 8 beaches in India with the coveted ‘Blue Flag’ certification in October 2020. Rushikonda, one of these 8 beaches is located in which state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Prince William and Sir David Attenborough launched the Earthshot Prize, offering how much amount in funding for solutions to the environmental and climate crises?
- Professor Paul R Milgrom and Professor Robert B Wilson were awarded the 2020 Nobel Prize in Economics for which of the following?
A) for integrating climate change into long-run macroeconomic analysis
B) for contributions to behavioural economics
C) for improvements to auction theory and inventions of new auction formats.
D) for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty.
- Which institute’s startup Nanosafe Solutions has developed a range of antimicrobial mixing traditional science with nanotechnology called “AqCure”, which is based on the inherent antimicrobial properties of copper?
A) IIT madras
B) IIR Ropar
C) IIT Roorkee
D) IIT Delhi
- Which country unveiled what analysts believe to be one of the world’s largest ballistic missiles at a military parade celebrating the 75th anniversary?
A) North Korea
- Who has written the book titled “The Khalistan Conspiracy”?
A) DCB Rewari
B) BNK Sethi
C) GBS Sidhu
D) BVD Juneja
- Sarat Kumar Kar who passed away belonged to which profession?
- Savithri Vaithi who passed away was a?
- C.M. Chang who passed away in October 2020 was the Minister for Environment of which state?
- Carlton Chapman who passed away was related to which sport?
- B. Vijaya Reddy who passed away was related to which profession?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Foundation for Environmental Education situated?
A) Copenhagen, Denmark
B) Stockholm, Sweden
C) Helsinki, Finland
D) Oslo, Norway
- Where is the HQ of Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) situated?