Current Affairs 15 April 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 14 April 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 14, 2020
- Who will head the committee that has been constituted by UGC on pooling e-resources and enhancing online education systems?
Explanation: The two committees set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC) on the new academic calendar and examination and for the promotion of online education respectively are likely to submit their report by the end of this week.
- Atal Innovation Mission,National Informatics Centre in collaboration with which organisation Atal Innovation Mission,National Informatics Centre in collaboration with which organisation jointly launched CollabCAD, a collaborative network, computer enabled software system?
Explanation: Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre (NIC) jointly launched CollabCAD, a collaborative network, computer enabled software system, providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
- Which body has signed agreement with Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) to empower consumers to contribute to the global development agenda as well as support their respective governments in times of global crisis?
Explanation: The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted and impacted the daily lives of people and hampered economic activities in many countries across the world. The coronavirus’s continuing spread requires global stakeholders to collaborate, support each other and find innovative solutions together in order to address the core challenges that countries are experiencing.
- Recently,Asian Development Bank tripled the size of its Covid-19 response package for its member nations to how much amount?
A)USD 30 billion
B)USD 15 billion
C)USD 10 billion
D)USD 20 billion
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) said it has tripled the size of its Covid-19 response package for its member nations to USD 20 billion.
- Which Bank has extended the bancassurance tie-up with Max Life Insurance for 5 years?
Explanation: Private sector life insurer Max Life Insurance said Yes Bank has extended the bancassurance partnership for next 5 years.
- As per World Bank,India to grow at how much percent in FY21?
Explanation: According to the World Bank, India is likely to record its worst growth performance since the 1991 liberalisation this fiscal year as the coronavirus outbreak severely disrupts the economy.
- As per World Trade Organisation report,global trade is expected to fall by how much percent in 2020?
Explanation: Global trade is expected to fall by 13-32 per cent in 2020 as the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic disrupts economic activity and life around the world, the World Trade Organization (WTO) said in a recent report.
- Which country to host Asian Boxing Championships 2020?
Explanation: The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has said it will host the Asian Boxing Championships for men and women in November-December, factoring India would have controlled the coronavirus outbreak by then.
- Which initiative has been created to bring the scientific and factual aspects of this pandemic outbreak on to public domain by TIFR,IISc and TMC?
Explanation: A multi-institutional, multi-lingual science communication initiative, called `CovidGyan’ has been created to bring the scientific and factual aspects of this pandemic outbreak on to public domain.
- Recently the father of modern Iraqi architecture passed away.Name him?
Explanation: Rifat Chadirji, a man often referred to as the father of modern Iraqi architecture, has died after contracting coronavirus.
- Recently former Attorney General of India and senior advocate passed away.Name him?
Explanation: Former Attorney General of India and senior advocate Ashok Desai passed away. He was 78
- Recently Krishan Hooda passed away,He was related to which field?
Explanation: Congress MLA Shri Krishan Hooda died after a prolonged illness. He was 75.
- Recently Sachchidanand Painuli passed away .He was related to which field?
Explanation: Noted freedom fighter Sachchidanand Painuli passed away at his Ganganagar residence. He was 92.
- Recently MV Rajasekharan passed away,He was related to which field?
Explanation: Veteran Congress leader and former Union minister M V Rajasekharan passed away at a hospital in Bengaluru after prolonged illness, family sources said. He was 91.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)?
- Where is the HQ of yes Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Badminton World Federation?