Current Affairs 15 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 14 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 14, 2020
- Who is the chairman of the committee constituted by the central government to consider the logistics, ethical aspects of procurement, and administration of COVID-19 vaccine?
A) SK Sinha
B) PK Sardana
C) VK Paul
D) TK Jain
- Which state/UT government signed an MoU with IIT-Bombay and Tata Projects Limited to construct a smog tower in Connaught Place following Supreme Court orders?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Which state’s festive sweet dish ‘Khaje’, spicy Harmal Chilli and Myndoli Banana (Moira Banana) have obtained Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
C) West Bengal
- Which state government signed an MoU with the National Skill Development Development Corporation (NSDC) for setting up an institute to provide advanced skills training in the state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
- In which state Child rights activist Kailash Satyarthi’s basis launched anti-trafficking drive in August 2020?
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Which insurance company launched ‘Special Revival Campaign’ to revive lapsed policies?
A) Life Insurance Corporation
B) Oriental Insurance
C) New India Assurance
D) United India Insurance
- What is the name of the offshore patrol vessel (OPV) launched for the Indian Coast Guard from the Coast Guard headquarters at New Delhi in August 2020?
- Which of the following organized “[email protected] Summit – Mission 2022” in August 2020?
A) NITI Aayog
B) Confederation of Indian Industries
C) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
D) Competition Commission of India
- In August 2020, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and which other country agreed to establish full diplomatic relations as part of a new peace deal?
C) Saudi Arabia
- Which country successfully tested the Arrow 2 ballistic missile interceptor, developed in collaboration with the United States?
- Reliance Foundation has partnered with U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for the W-GDP Initiative, which aims to aims to reduce the gender digital divide in India. What does D stands for in W-GDP?
- Which company in association with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) announced the second Student Entrepreneurship Programme (SEP 2.0) that would mentor eight teams to foray into the world of innovation and entrepreneurship?
C) Microsoft India
D) Dell Technologies
- According to the Bloomberg Index, what is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in terms of richest persons in the world?
- Who was appointed as the Director General Naval Operations (DGNO)?
A) Sujit Desai
B) Ganesh Rao
C) Dinesh Tripathi
D) Deepak Malik
- Who has been selected as the next chairman of public sector steel major Steel Authority of India Limited replacing Anil Chaudhary?
A) Soma Mondal
B) Reena Khatri
C) Gurpreeti Kaur
D) Suhasi Rano
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of think tank Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) after Isher Judge Ahluwalia stepped down from the position?
A) Kamna Desai
B) Pramod Bhasin
C) Debu Mukherjee
D) Ravi Nanda
- Book titled ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing,’ is based on whom?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) M. Venkaiah Naidu
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Nitin Gadkari
- GK Menon who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- Poet and _______________ Chunakkara Ramankutty passed away recently.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Life Insurance Corporation located?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Steel Authority of India located?
C) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations located?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Dell Technologies located?
- Where is the HQ of Confederation of Indian Industry located?
C) New Delhi