Current Affairs 15 December 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 14 December 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 14, 2018
- Who was sworn as new CM of Rajasthan?
Explanation: The Congress declared that Ashok Gehlot will be the Rajasthan Chief Minister while state Congress chief Sachin Pilot will be his deputy.
- Who will head the committee setup on Stressed Power Assets?
D)Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Explanation: The government has constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to vet the recommendations of a high-level panel on stressed power projects. The panel, headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha, had submitted its report last month.
- India’s first private sector unit for manufacturing unmanned aerial vehicles opened in which city?
Explanation: India’ first private sector unit for manufacturing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) opened at Adani Aerospace Park in Hyderabad
- Government is planning to infuse how much additional amount in public sector banks in 2018?
A)Rs 40000 crore
B)Rs 30000 crore
C)Rs 45000 crore
D)Rs 55000 crore
Explanation: The government is considering additional capital infusion of up to Rs 30,000 crore in public sector banks as they have been unable to raise required funds from the markets
- Recently,RBI granted which bank with 40 licenses so as to open 40 more branches ?
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India has allowed Bandhan Bank to open as many as 40 more branches, first time after it put a restriction on the bank’s branch opening spree three months back.
- Which Indian e-commerce company signed MoU with Federation of Indian Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises to support sellers ?
Amazon signed an MoU with the Federation of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (FISME) to support sellers in the segment under which the e-commerce major would provide the platform and logistics, while FISME would provide support in the area of policy and regulations.
- India and Asian Development Bank signed a $60 million loan agreement to reduce floods erosion in which state?
Explanation: India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $60 million loan agreement to reduce floods and the riverbank erosionin Assam, the Finance Ministry said.
- Which company was roped in as official sponsor of ICC for next five years?
Explanation: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has roped in Indian alcobev brand Royal Stagas official sponsor for the next five years
- Who was appointed as new Film and Television Institute of India president?
Explanation: BP Singh, the director-producer of popular television series ‘CID’, has been named the new president of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society and Chairman of Governing Council.
- Who was appointed as non executive interim chairman of YES Bank?
Explanation: Yes Bank Ltd is likely to name independent director Brahm Dutt as the bank’s non-executive interim chairman after former finance secretary Ashok Chawla resigned from the position last month.
- Which state has been selected for Krishi Karman Award in the rice category?
Explanation: Jharkhand has been selected for Krishi Karman award in the rice category from the Union Ministry of Agriculture
- Which company was declared as the winner of the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant for 2016-17?
C)Steel Authority of India
D)Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Explanation: Private steel major Tata Steel Limited said it has been declared as the winner of the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the ‘Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant’ in the country for 2016-17
- Situ Malik has been selected to receive National Bravery Award from PM.He hails from which state?
Explanation: A minor boy Situ Malik from a far-flung village in Odisha’s Kendrapara district has been selected for the National Bravery Awardfor exhibiting exemplary courage in saving his paternal uncle from a crocodile attack.
- When is National Energy Conservation Day observed?
Explanation: National Energy Conservation Day is marked every year in India on 14 December, to drive mass awareness about the importance of energy efficiency and conservation.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Bandhan Bank?
- Where is the HQ of ICC?
- Where is the HQ of Film and television institute of India?