Current Affairs 15 July 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 14 July 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 14, 2018
- Which humanoid robot visits India recently and said India is very colorful?
Explanation: Developed by Hong Kong based company Hanson Robotics,Sophia is modeled after actress Audrey Hepburn, and is known for her human-like appearance and behavior compared to other robotic variants. Sophia uses artificial intelligence, visual data processing and facial recognition.
- A multimedia exhibition on 48 months of Transforming India was held in which city?
Explanation: Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a multimedia exhibition of the various schemes launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi organised by Regional Outreach Bureau of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(MIB) at Saradhabali near Bholanath Vidyapith in Puri,Odisha.
- 4th National Conclave on Mines and Minerals was held in which city?
Explanation: The Ministry of Mines organized the 4th National conclave on Mines and Minerals at Indore,Madhya Pradesh. Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan was the chief guest of the conclave.
- Which state government launched “I am not afraid of English” campaign in schools?
Explanation: The Haryana Education Department has launched “I am not afraid of English”initiative to promote English language right from class 1 in the state’s primary schools.
- Assam CM lays foundation stone for state’s first cultural university in which city?
Explanation: Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid foundation stone for the state’s first cultural university at Majuli to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 300 crore.
- Which state government appoints girls as district brand ambassador?
- Which state government constitutes “Heritage Cabinet” to preserve culture?
Explanation: The Odisha government has constituted a “Heritage Cabinet” to preserve the Odia Language and the state’s culture.. The cabinet comprises eight members and will be headed by CM Naveen Patnaik..
- People of which state will get world’s cheapest clean drinking water?
Explanation: With the help of this project, the people will easily be able to get pure and clean water only in 50paisa/litre.
- India unveils world’s largest visa centre in which country?
Explanation: Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the world’s largest state-of-the-art visa centre in Dhaka, Bangladesh with modern facilities, promising shorter waiting times for applicants.
- According to Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO),world sugar production is likely to hit at how much in 2018?
Explanation: According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), world sugar production is likely to hit a record 187.6 million tonnes (mt) this year on account of increase in output in India, the EU, Thailand and China.
- Which company has rolled out “Caller ID and Spam Protection” on its phone application?
Explanation: Google has rolled out “caller ID and spam protection” on its Phone app with which the app itself would be able to filter out calls that it detects to be spams, eliminating all notifications and alerts for those calls as well.
- Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki has been given the additional charge of which state?
Explanation: Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki has been given the additional charge of Himachal Pradesh by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Which country’s Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) project has won the World Bank’s internal award for exceptional performance in achieving many development goals?
Explanation: India’s Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) project has won the World Bank’s internal award for exceptional performance in achieving many development goals.
- Recently ,the doyen of Indian Psychiatry passed away.Name it?
Explanation: Prof NN Wig ,the doyen of Psychiatry in India, who led many pioneering studies related to mental health at national and international levels and headed departments in various prestigious institutions like AIIMS, Delhi and PGIMER, has passed away at the age of 88 after a brief illness.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of FAO?
- Who is the director general of FAO?
A)Jose Graziano da Silva
- Where is the HQ of Google?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: July 15, 2018”
I would also like to add that if you do not surely have an insurance policy or else you do not participate in any group insurance, you could possibly well reap the benefits of seeking aid from a health insurance broker. Self-employed or people with medical conditions normally seek the help of any health insurance agent. Thanks for your post.