Current Affairs 16 April 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 April 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 15, 2018
- The E-way bill system for all intra-state movement of goods has been rolled out in how many states with effect from April 15
Explanation: E-way bill requirement for intra-state movement of goods has been rolled out in 5 states i.e. Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Kerala. The electronic e-way bill for inter-state movement of goods valued over Rs 50,000 was rolled out on April 1.
What is an E-way bill: It is a document required to be carried by a person in charge of the conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding fifty thousand rupees mandated by the government in terms of section 68 of the GST Act read with rule 138 of the rules framed thereunder.
- China has announced to establish a free trade port system in Hainan province by which year?
Explanation: The China has aimed at making the free trade port system and operational mode of Hainan “more mature” by 2035. A free trade port system will be “basically established” in Hainan by 2025, according to the guidelines on supporting Hainan’s efforts to deepen reform and opening up jointly released by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the State Council.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley took oath on April 15 for his new six years term in the Rajya Sabha. He has been elected from_________?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha in March, took oath for his new term on April 15, 2018. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh.
- The 969- MW Neelum Jehlum Hydropower Project has been inaugurated in which of the following countries?
C) Sri Lanka
Explanation: Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has inaugurated the first unit of a key hydropower mega project built with the financial and technical support of China in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. The 969- MW Neelum Jehlum Hydropower Project near Muzaffarabad was announced more than 12 years ago.
- The Finance Act, 2018 has amended which of the following section of Income Tax Act, 1961 making certificate of incorporation (COI) issued by the Corporate Affairs Ministry sufficient proof of PAN or TAN for corporates?
Explanation: The Income Tax department on Saturday said the certificate of incorporation (COI) issued by the Corporate Affairs Ministry would be considered sufficient proof of PAN or TAN for corporates. The Finance Act, 2018 amended section 139A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and removed the requirement of issuing PAN in the form of a laminated card.
- O’Connell Tower has been recently re-opened for general public after 47 years. The tower is located in ______?
Explanation: O’Connell Tower of Ireland has reopened to the public here after 47 years following a bomb attack. It is the tallest tower of Ireland.
- Government based BHIM app has introduced new cashback scheme for merchants. They would be entitled to a maximum cashback of Rs ______per month.
A) Rs 1000
B) Rs 1200
C) Rs 500
D) Rs 750
Explanation: Merchants who accept payments through BHIM or other apps using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) will be entitled to a maximum cashback of Rs 1,000 per month. They will receive a cashback worth 10% of the value of each transaction, subject to a cap of Rs 50 per transaction.
Click here for the Current Affairs Quiz Section