Current Affairs 16 April 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 April 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 15, 2019
- India signed MoU with Which country to jointly issue Postage Stamps on the theme “Queen Hur Hwang-ok of Korea”?
A)Republic of Korea
Explanation: The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised about an MoU signed in February, 2019 between India and Republic of Korea.
- The CCEA approved a proposal to extend the duration of National Urea Policy 2015 from which date?
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, has approved a proposal to extend the duration of New Urea Policy-2015, from April 1 till further orders. The extension will not apply to the provisions which were amended by a notification dated March 28, 2018.
- The cabinet approved how many GSLV flights during 2021-24?
Explanation: The Union Cabinet approved the ongoing GSLV continuation programme phase 4 consisting of five GSLV flights during 2021-24. This will enable the launch of 2-tonne class of satellites for geo-imaging, navigation, data relay communication and space sciences.
- Recently,The world largest aircraft took off his first flight from which city?
Explanation: The world’s largest airplane, developed by aerospace venture Stratolaunch, flew into the air for its first flight test. The gigantic, six-engined twin-fuselage megajet took off from Mojave Air and Space Port in California for the flight expected to last for a couple of hours.
- “Ashakiranam” is the autobiography of which personality?
D)Chaganti Koteshwar Rao
Explanation: Ashakiranam,’ an autobiography of noted social worker Sankurathri Chandrasekhar, was released at a function held in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. Religious scholar Chaganti Koteswara Rao released the book while writer and literary critic Vadrevu Veeralakshmi Devi reviewed the work.
- Which telecom company launched a mobile app MyCircle in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation?
Explanation: Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) launched a mobile app, My Circle, to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation. The application is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.
- Recently LIC was given how many years by RBI to reduce its stake in IDBI Bank?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given 12 years to Life Insurance Corp to reduce its stake in IDBI Bank, accepting the life insurer’s argument that it is a long-term investor in the struggling bank which had nearly 30 per cent of its advances as bad loans in the December quarter.
- Who won Chinese Grand Prix?
Explanation: Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton secured a record-extending sixth Chinese Grand Prix (GP) victory, snatching the world championship lead from his Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas.
- Which Indian player surpassed Suresh Raina to become the highest scoring batsman in the T20 format?
Explanation: Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli has surpassed Chennai Super Kings batsman Suresh Raina to become the highest-scoring Indian batsman in the T20 format. The 30-year-old surpassed Raina’s record in the ninth over of the RCB innings. Kohli now has 8175 runs from 245 T20 innings at an average of 41.22 with four centuries and 59 half-centuries.
- Who emerged as champions of the 2019 Super Cup?
Explanation: FC Goa emerged as champions of the 2019 Super Cup as they pipped Chennaiyin FC 2-1 in a tense affair at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Who won gold medal in the 54 kg category at the Boxing World Cup in Cologne?
D)Meena Kumari Maisnam
Explanation: Meena Kumari Maisnam continued her fine run to win gold medal in the 54 kg at the Boxing World Cup in Cologne. Sakshi (57kg) and Pwilao Basumatary (64kg) lost their final bouts and had to settle for the silver while Pinki Rani (51kg) and Parveen (60kg) won bronze as India finished with five medals.
- Who was sworn in as new PM of Palestine?
Explanation: New Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Ishtaye and his cabinet members were sworn in before President Mahmoud Abbas at his headquarters in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
- Who became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation Health and Safety Committee?
B)Bibhu Kalyan Nayak
Explanation: Bibhu Kalyan Nayak became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee by the world governing body. He will serve a two-year term lasting till the first executive board meeting after Congress 2020.
- Who has won 2019 Citi Journalistic Excellence Awards?
Explanation: Mint’s Teena Thacker has been selected by Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism as the winner of the 2019 Citi Journalistic Excellence Awards. Thacker won this award for her long story in Mint on Johnson and Johnson (J&J’s) faulty hip implants in India.
- Recently D Babu Pal passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Eminent scholar, writer and former additional chief secretary D Babu Paul has passed away. He was 78. During his illustrious career Babu Paul held several key posts including member Ombudsman for the Local Self-Government institutions and vice-chancellor of the Kerala University.
- Recently Bibb Anderson passed away.She was related to which field?
Explanation: Swedish actress Bibi Andersson, who starred in 13 of veteran director Ingmar Bergman’s films, has passed away. She was 83. Andersson made a name herself after her type-defying role in 1966’s “Persona” for which she received the award for best actress at the 4th Guldbagge Awards, the Swedish equivalent of the Academy Awards.
- Recently Colonel Raj Kumar Kapoor passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: The director who introduced Shah Rukh Khan with the television show Fauji, Colonel Raj Kumar Kapoor passed away. He was 87.
- Recently Drupal Borgohain passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Rajya Sabha member Drupad Borgohain, the last of Assam’s communist stalwarts who helped expand the Left’s footprint in the State and set an example in spending MP fund, passed away. He was 78.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of International Hockey Federation?
- What is the currency of South Korea?
- Where is the HQ of LIC?