Current Affairs 16 August 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 August 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 15, 2019
- Recently PM Narendra Modi announced the Jal Jeevan Mission at a Red Fort in New Delhi. What is the outlay of the scheme?
A)Rs 3.5 lakh crore
B)Rs 2.0 lakh crore
C)Rs 2.7 lakh crore
D)Rs 5.7 lakh crore
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his Independence Day address at the Red Fort in New Delhi on Independence Day, announced an outlay of Rs 3.5 lakh crore for Jal Jeevan Mission for Centre and states to work together to provide piped potable water to every rural household by 2024..
- Which application was launched by The centre government for waste collection?
B)Clean my City
Explanation: Swachh Nagar app, an app that will allow users to have waste — solid, wet or construction and demolition (C&D) — collected by their urban local bodies was launched by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry, along with a new protocol on wastewater treatment that would become a part of cleanliness rankings of cities.
- Recently Railway Protection Force launched which special drive to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway Premises?
Explanation: Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways had launched a Special Drive from 9th August to 11th August with a Code Name – Operation “Number Plate” to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parkings and even in the ‘No Parking’ areas for longer duration.
- Recently, protective headgear of prescribed standards has been made mandatory for children above how much years of age while travelling on motorcycle?
Explanation: In a significant move, protective headgear of prescribed standards has been made mandatory for children above four years while travelling on a motorcycle.
- Recently the government launched which application to aid farmers to access cutting edge technology in affordable price?
B)Uber for Tractors
D)Meru For Tractors
Explanation: The center and agriculture ministry have decided to launch a new revolutionary app which will help the rural farmers to access cutting-edge technology in an affordable price at their doorsteps. With this new mobile application, farmers can book and hire all the expensive agricultural equipment which is beyond the reach for any average small farmers.
- Which state government has dedicated “The Rath” to the people?
Explanation: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has dedicated ‘The Rath,’ a steel monument seeking to accentuate Odisha’s diverse culture and rich heritage, to the people.
- Recently Parchamirtham got GI tag.It belongs to which state?
Explanation: The famous Palani panchamirtham, given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple in Tamil Nadu, has been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Recently in Which country,a lake has been discovered which is likely to set a new record of being the world’s highest lake?
Explanation: A newly-discovered lake in Nepal is likely to set a new record of being the world’s highest lake replacing Tilicho, which is situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres in the Himalayan nation and currently holding the title.
- Which bank launched world’s first negative interest rate home loan?
D)Bank of America
Explanation: Denmark’s third-largest bank, Jyske Bank, has launched the world’s first negative interest rate home loan, where the charge is -0.5% a year. This means that Jyske Bank will effectively pay borrowers 0.5% a year to take out a loan. Borrowers will make monthly repayments but the amount outstanding will be reduced each month by more than what the borrower paid.
- How much amount has been lended by Asian Development Bank to GR Infraprojects Limited to expand road building capacity in India?
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed an agreement to invest $23 million in Non-Convertible Debentures being issued by GR Infraprojects Limited (GRIL) to help the company rapidly scale up its construction of roads and highways in India through the purchase of new building equipment.
- Who remained the highest paid bank chief executive in India with a monthly basic salary of Rs 89 lakh in FY19?
Explanation: HDFC Bank’s managing director Aditya Puri remained the highest paid bank chief executive in India with a monthly basic salary of Rs 89 lakh in FY19. Puri has led the bank — the most valuable lender in the country — since its inception 25 years ago.
- Who has been appointed as a member of the Asian Athletics Association’s (AAA) Athletes Commission?
Explanation: P. T. Usha, one of India’s greatest athletes, has been appointed as a member of the Asian Athletics Association’s (AAA) Athletes Commission.
- Which state Association has recently got full time status by BCCI?
Explanation: The Committee of Administrators (CoA) have granted the Cricket Association of Uttarakhand (CAU) full BCCI membership.
- Who has been conferred the Vir Chakra, India’s third-highest war time gallantry medal?
Explanation: Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who downed an enemy jet during an aerial combat with Pakistan in February and was held captive for three days, has been conferred the Vir Chakra, India’s third-highest war time gallantry medal.
- Who has became the first Indian chef to be awarded the ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mérite Agricoleto’ by the government of France?
Explanation: Priyam Chatterjee has became the first Indian chef to be awarded the ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mérite Agricoleto’ by the government of France to recognise his contribution towards reinventing the gastronomic scene in India. Chatterjee is best known for revisiting the traditional dishes from his native state of West Bengal and giving it a French twist.
- Recently India celebrated its Which Independence Day?
Explanation: Independence Day is annually celebrated on 15 August, as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation’s independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the day when the UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 transferring legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of BCCI?
- When was Asian Development Bank founded?
- Where is the HQ of Axis Bank?