Current Affairs 16 July 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 July 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 15, 2018
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs has constituted a 10 Member Committee to review the Companies Act 2013.Who will be heading this committee?
B)Ravindra H Dholakia
Explanation: Ministry of Corporate Affairs has constituted a 10 Member Committee to review the Companies Act 2013. According to an official release, certain offences of the act may require to be decriminalised. It will also allow the trial courts to pay more attention on offences of serious nature.
- PM Modi inaugurated Bansagar canal during his visit.Where is Bansagar Canal located?
Explanation: The Bansagar Canal project would help at least 1.70 lakh farmers of both Mirzapur and Allahabad with the irrigation sector receiving a huge boost. A joint venture of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, the canal is 171 km long.
- PM Modi inaugurated Poorvanchal Expressway in which city?
Explanation: The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, laid the Foundation Stone of the Poorvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
- 2nd National Tourism Conclave held in which state?
Explanation: The 2nd National Tourism Conclave was organised in Jaipur as top officials of the state tourism department said a number of “pro-tourism” projects being executed in the state would give a major boost to the sector.
- Film and Television Institute of India(FTII) has joined hands with whom to provide acting courses to the youth of Baramulla district?
C)Indian Air Force
Explanation: In a bid to build a unique bond with youth of Jammu and Kashmir, Pune based FTII has joined hands with the Indian Army to provide acting courses to the youth of Baramulla district.
- Which country to head Asia Pacific Region Of World Customs Organization as its vice chair?
Explanation: According to a Finance Ministry release, the position will enable India to take on leadership role of Asia Pacific Region of the organisation.
- Industry body Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India(OPPI) launched a digital campaign with which government to improve healthcare?
Explanation: body Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India(OPPI) launched a digital campaign, ThinkForHealth, calling for ideas to improve access to healthcare in India.
- According to latest census figure of 2011,which language earned 10,000 new speakers in a span of 10 years?
Explanation: The latest census figure of 2011 shows Sanskrit language earned 10,000 new speakers in a span of 10 years, a growth of 71 per cent, though the ancient language may be the least-spoken language in India. According to the 2011 data, released recently, 24,821 people have registered Sanskrit as their mother tongue, in comparison to 14,135 people who had said Sanskrit was their mother tongue in 2001.
- Which country celebrated the 100th birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela on July 18?
Explanation: His birthday on July 18 is marked annually around the world, and the Nelson Mandela Foundation called this year for people to take action and inspire change in Mandela’s name.
- How many women of Indian origin has secured position on Forbes list of Americas 60 richest self made women?
Explanation: Two women,Jayshree Ullal and Neerja Sethi, who belong to an Indian background, have secured a place on Forbes list of Americas 60 richest self made women, ranking on the 18th and 21st spot, respectively.
- Which country took up the seat at UN Human Rights Council after USA quits the body?
Explanation: Iceland was elected to take up the seat left vacant at the United Nations Human Rights Council after the United States quit the body.
- According to Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg,Indian economy will touch how much mark by 2022?
A) $6 trillion
Explanation: According to Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg, India’s digital economy is expected to touch a $1 trillion mark by 2022.
- The torch relay for 2018 Asian Games begin from which city?
Explanation: The torch relay for the much awaited Asian Games 2018 began from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi.
- Who won Spanish Grand Prix Wrestling Tournament?
Explanation: India’s Vinesh Phogat clinched the gold medal at the Spanish Grand Prix Wrestling Tournament thrashing Natasha Fox of Canada 10-0 in the final of the women’s 50 kilogram freestyle category in Madrid, Spain.
- Who won Wimbledon title(Women)?
Explanation: The German 11th seed, 30, beat the 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams 6-3 6-3 to add this title to her 2016 Australian Open and US Open crowns.
- Who won Wimbledon title(Men)?
Explanation: Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic overpowered South Africa’s Kevin Anderson 6-2, 6-2, 7-6 (7-3) in a lopsided Wimbledon final, taking home the trophy for the fourth time in his career.
- Which country won the 2018 FIFA World Cup?
Explanation: France defeated first time finalists Crotia 4-2 in 2018 FIFA World Cup final to win the quadrennial tournament for the first time since 1998. France became the first team since Brazil in 1970 to score four goals in a World Cup final.
- Recently ,Kanu Gohain passed away.He was chief of which organization?
A)Directorate General of Civil Aviation
C)Indian Air Force
Explanation: Former Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Kanu Gohain has passed away after a brief illness. He was 68 years old.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Film and Television Institute of India?
- Where is the HQ of World Custom Organization?
- Where is the HQ of Forbes Media?