Current Affairs 16 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 15, 2020
- As announced by Asia Cricket Council (ACC), Asia Cup cricket tournament has been postponed until when?
A) December 2021
B) June 2021
C) March 2021
D) September 2021
- Andrzej Duda has been re-elected as the president of which country in July 2020?
- Which of the following presented India’s 2nd Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF)?
A) Reserve Bank of India
B) Institute of Economic Growth
C) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
D) NITI Aayog
- How much amount has been announced to be invested in India by Google with a focus on digitising the economy and building India-first products and services?
A) Rs 82,000 cr
B) Rs 75,000 cr
C) Rs 67,000 cr
D) Rs 85,000 cr
- Which country has been dropped by Iran in its Chabahar rail project to Zahedan?
- As highlighted by Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, by which year the Govt. aims to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP?
- Which institute has developed UV sanitizing device called ‘SHUDDH’ to make rooms COVID free?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Kanpur
- Which state has emerged on top in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma Nirbhar Nidhi-PM Swa Nidhi scheme?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) West Bengal
- In July 2020, which bank announced to set up the IFSC Banking Unit at Gujarat International Finance Tec City, GIFT city in Gandhinagar Gujarat?
A) Royal Bank of Scotland
B) Barclays Bank
C) HSBC Bank
D) The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Divvya Chouksey who passed away recently belonged to which profession?
- Which technology giant has announced its partnership with CBSE to help 1 million teachers conduct classes online by the end of the year?
- How much credit amount has been provided by National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to West Bengal during the COVID-19 pandemic so far?
A) Rs 1,538 crore
B) Rs 1,607 crore
C) Rs 1,265 crore
D) Rs 1,461 crore
- How much amount as concessional refinance facility has been given by NABARD for banks and financial institutions for on-lending to beneficiaries in its 2,150 watershed development projects?
A) Rs 5,000 cr
B) Rs 6,000 cr
C) Rs 2,000 cr
D) Rs 4,000 cr
- How much amount as refinance assistance has been provided by National Housing Bank to housing finance companies from March to June 30, 2020?
A) Rs 30,000 cr
B) Rs 10,000 cr
C) Rs 25,000 cr
D) Rs 35,000 cr
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) e-commerce committee for the year 2020-21?
A) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
B) Kunal Bahl
C) Amit Agarwal
D) Sachin Bansal
- Who has been appointed as the interim Chief Executive Officer of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
A) Hemang Amin
B) Rahul Johri
C) Sourav Ganguly
D) Sachin Tendulkar
- Which state has launched a television-based learning programme for 10th standard students?
D) Tamil Nadu
- To support 298 watershed projects in Karnataka, how much amount of grant assistance has been extended by NABARD?
A) Rs 265.19 crore
B) Rs 221.89 crore
C) Rs 298.34 crore
D) Rs 276.53 crore
- Projects worth how much amount have been launched in Haryana by Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Nitin Gadkari in July 2020?
A) Rs 20,000 cr
B) Rs 50,000 cr
C) Rs 10,000 cr
D) Rs 30,000 cr
- How much fund has been approved by the union govt. for augmentation of firefighting facilities on five jetties of Haldia Dock Complex at Kolkata Port?
A) Rs 107 cr
B) Rs 162 cr
C) Rs 135 cr
D) Rs 113 cr
- Which hockey legend will be conferred with the Mohun Bagan Lifetime Achievement Award on 29th July on the occasion of its foundation day?
A) Harmanpreet Singh
B) Dhanraj Pillay
C) Amit Rohidas
D) Ashok Kumar
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ Asian Cricket Council (ACC) located?
C) Sri Lanka
- Where is the HQ of National Housing Bank (NHB) located?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of e-commerce company, Snapdeal, located?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) located?
C) Hong Kong
- What is the capital of Poland?
- Where is the Mohun Bagan Athletic Club, a multi-sport club, located?
B) New Delhi