Current Affairs 16 May 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 15 May 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 15, 2018
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Minister in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B)?
A) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
B) Smriti Irani
C) Piyush Goyal
D) Venkaiah Naidu
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched REPLACE initiative to eliminate industrially-produced artificial trans fats from the global food supply by _______
- The Government of India has recently unveiled National Wind-Solar Hybrid Policy to harness renewable energy for generating power. It aims to achieve 175 GW installed capacity from renewable energy sources by which year?
- Name the Pakistani actress who became the first actor to ever make debut at Cannes Film Festival in 2018
A) Ayesha Khan
B) Aiza Khan
C) Mahira Khan
D) Maya Ali
- The deadline for registration under the Swachh Bharat Summer Internship programme has been extended till__________
A) June 15 2018
B) July 31 2018
C) June 30 2018
D) July 15 2018
- Bihar state government has signed an MoU with which power distribution company recently to improve the power sector performance in the state?
B) Tata Power
C) Reliance Power
- How many States/UTs have inked pact with the Union Health Ministry for the ambitious Ayushman Bharat scheme?
- EC George Sudarshan who died recently was a renowned ________
D) Agricultural Scientist
- In which of the following cities was the 4th Global Exhibition on Services-2018 organised recently?
C) New Delhi
- Which among the given sports apparel brand has been approved by the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) as official sports apparel partner for Indian contingent’s till 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
- Who has been selected for Japan’s most prestigious Nikkei Asia Prize 2018 under “Culture and Community” category?
A) Bindeshwar Pathak
B) Muhammad Yunus
C) Gopal Venu
D) Urvashi Butalia
- Name the cabinet minister who has been assigned the additional charge of the Finance Ministry till incumbent minister Arun Jaitley recovers from kidney surgery?
A) Manohar Parrikar
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Prakash Javadekar
D) Suresh Prabhu
- Name the newly appointed Chairman of the International Cricket Council.
A) Dave Richardson
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Shashank Manohar
D) Haroon Lorgat
- NALCO has inked pact with the Ministry of Mines recently to target Rs 9350 crore revenue from operations for FY 2018-19. NALCO is based in ________
A) Ranchi, Jharkhand
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Hyderabad, Telangana
D) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- How much amount has been released by the Indian Government for the river training and construction of embankments work in Nepal?
A) NRs 100.00 million
B) NRs 180.74 million
C) NRs 125.52 million
D) NRs 150.81 million
- According to a recent data by Mercom Communications, India has emerged as the _________ largest solar market in the world in 2017.
- Which among the given entities has signed pact with software expert SAP to encourage GST adaptability and accessibility among the rural enterprises of India?
- Jivya Soma Mashe who passed away recently was an internationally acclaimed artist of which tribal art form?
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is based in___________
C) New Delhi
- SAP SE is a multinational software corporation headquarter in which country?
B) United States
- Barauni Thermal Power Station is located in which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the CEO of the International Cricket Council?
A) Zaheer Abbas
B) Shashank Manohar
C) David Richardson
D) Mustafa Kamal