Current Affairs 17 August 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 August 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 16, 2021
- When is World Prediabetes Day observed?
A) August 15
B) August 13
C) August 14
D) August 17
- Which UT celebrated its De Jure Transfer day on August 16,2021?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- When is Partition Horrors Remembrance Day observed in India?
A) August 14
B) August 16
C) August 11
D) August 15
- Which state/UT police launched a first-of-its-kind Drone Forensic Lab and Research Centre with an aim to address the rising concerns of security threat in the country?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
- Which national park became the first national park in the country to equip its forest guards with satellite phones as an anti-poaching measure?
A) Pench National Park
B) Keoladeo National Park
C) Ranthambore National Park
D) Kaziranga National Park
- “IndiGau’, India’s first Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) based chip for the conservation of pure varieties of indigenous cattle breeds like Gir, Kankrej, Sahiwal, Ongole etc, is developed by which institute?
A) National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education And Research
B) Dr.Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences
C) Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture
D) National Institute of Animal Biotechnology
- Bhindawas Wildlife Sanctuary situated where has been included in the Ramsar list as wetlands of international importance?
- Who was awarded the National Youth Award by the Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur in Delhi for displaying exemplary leadership qualities?
A) Arham Khan
B) Mohammad Azam
C) Brijesh Gulati
D) Siddharth Gupta
- Ashraf Ghani stepped down as president of which country?
- Who will replace Adi Godrej as the chairman of Godrej Industries Limited (GIL)?
A) Nadir Godrej
B) Anand Godrej
C) Burjis Godrej
D) Jamshyd Godrej
- Harshit Raja became India’s which grandmaster?
- Which bank has signed an MOU with Paralympic Committee of India to become one of the Banking Partners ahead of the Paralympic Games, Tokyo 2020?
A) Central Bank of India
B) Allahabad Bank
C) IDBI Bank
D) Indian Bank
- Which of the following launched campaign titled #FollowPaymentDistancing to ask consumers to start ‘payment distancing’ and switch to contactless digital payments?
A) American Express
- KreditBee partnered with RuPay and which bank to launch ‘KreditBee Card’ to provide the unserved and underserved banking customers, quick and secured access to short-term liquidity?
A) Yes Bank
B) RBL Bank
C) IDFC FIRST Bank
D) HDFC Bank
- Which of the following created a new advisory group – International Scientific Advisory Group for Origins of Novel Pathogens, or SAGO, – that will develop a global framework to study pathogens with pandemic potential?
A) World Food Programme
B) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
C) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
D) World Health Organization
- Which ministry launched ‘Son Chiriya’ – a brand and logo – for marketing the products of Urban Self Help Groups (SHGs)?
A) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
B) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
C) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
D) Ministry of Home Affairs
- Which state’s pollution control board have been rated the most transparent in disclosing key environment and governance-related information in the public domain?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) West Bengal
- Which ministry launched an online portal Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services, or TAPAS, to offer massive open online courses (MOOC)?
A) Ministry of Rural Development
B) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
C) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
D) Ministry of External Affairs
- On India’s 75th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of which mission?
A) National Hydrogen Mission
B) National Oxygen Mission
C) National Carbon Mission
D) National Methane Mission
- At what cost, Gati Shakti National infrastructure master plan aimed at bringing employment opportunities to the youth and helping develop new economic zones across the country been launched by PM Modi?
A) Rs 210 lakh crore
B) Rs 140 lakh crore
C) Rs 100 lakh crore
D) Rs 200 lakh crore