Current Affairs 17 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 16, 2020
- According to the UN’s State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World report, what is the decline in the number of undernourished people in India from 2004-06 to 2017-19?
A) 30 million
B) 80 million
C) 50 million
D) 60 million
- Which country successfully launched its commercial telecommunication satellite, known as APSTAR-6D?
- Recently, Ministry of Human Resource Development released the PRAGYATA guidelines. The guidelines are based on which of the following?
A) Pending Exams
B) Digital Education
C) Video hosting providers
D) Review Syllabus
- Who headed the parliamentary committee to hold deliberations on banning of Chinese apps by the Govt. of India?
A) Thawar Chand Gehlot
B) Shashi Tharoor
C) Sambit Patra
D) P. Chidambaram
- What is the theme of World Youth Skills Day 2020?
A) Youth Skills for Sustainability and Innovation
B) Skills Development to Improve Youth Employment
C) Skills for the Future of Work
D) Skills for a Resilient Youth
- The book “If It Bleeds” published by Hachette India, is authored by whom?
A) Stephen King
B) Thomas Pynchon
C) Don DeLillo
D) John Irving
- Wim Suurbier who passed away recently belonged to which sport?
- One of India’s best-known ceramic and pottery artists, Jyotsna Bhatt who passed away recently hailed from which state?
- Mile Jedinak announced his retirement from football recently. He played for which country?
B) Sri Lanka
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, what is the rank of Mukesh Ambani, RIL’s chairman in terms of world’s richest person?
- With which of the following has UNICEF INDIA partnered to launch #Reimagine Campaign?
A) NITI Aayog
D) Confederation of Indian Industry
- Which of the following cricketers will be conferred with the Mohun Bagan Ratna this year?
A) Pranab Ganguly
B) Palash Nandi
C) Monoranjan Porel
D) Gurbux Singh
- Who has been awarded the coveted ‘Infra Business Leader of the Year’ award for 2020 by the Rail Infra and Mobility Business Digital Awards (RIMBDA)?
A) Ved Parkash Dudeja
B) Sukumar Sen
C) Medhu Kumar
D) Nitin Narang
- COROSURE, the ‘world’s most affordable’ Covid-19 test kit has been developed by which of the following institutes?
A) IIT Gandhinagar
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Delhi
- Who has been appointed as the vice president of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
A) Om Prakash Rawat
B) Rajiv Kumar
C) Ashok Lavasa
D) Sindhushree Khullar
- Chan Santokhi has been appointed as the President of which country?
- The union govt. in July 2020 approved a scheme for interest subvention of 2% for how many years to all Shishu loan accounts under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) to eligible borrowers?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Who is the President of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
A) Mitsuo Sato
B) Haruhiko Kuroda
C) Masatsugu Asakawa
D) Takehiko Nakao
- What is the capital of Suriname?
- Where is the HQ of Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (MUDRA) Bank located?
- What is the maximum allowed loan amount under Shishu category of MUDRA Yojana scheme?
A) Rs 75,000
B) Rs 50,000
C) Rs 1,00,000
D) Rs 5,00,000