Current Affairs 17 October 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 October 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 16, 2017
- Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman commissioned which Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) stealth corvettes into the Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam’s Naval Dockyard?
- Name the head of parliamentary panel constituted to examine the operational preparedness of the armed forces and review the accidents involving strategic defence assets?
A) S N Srikrishna
B) K P Kriplani
C) B C Khanduri
D) M Y Khatter
- According to an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) report, which of the following states in India records 39% of cancer cases in India, highest in any state?
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) West Bengal
- Which of the following city will host International Cherry Blossom Festival in November 2017?
- Name the long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft which was dispatched by Indian Navy to Manila to undertake a Search and Rescue (SAR) for missing sailors of a merchant vessel that sank off the coast of Philippines?
- Which of the following has become the first nation to accept Bitcoins as payment for its ‘investment citizenship’ program?
A) Soloman Islands
- According to data released by the Commerce Ministry, India’s annual rate of inflation based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) remained to how much percent in September 2017?
- What is the latest FIFA ranking of India as of October 2017?
- Which of the following wrestler has become the first Indian woman wrestler to sign a WWE developmental contract?
A) Kavita Devi
B) Sakshi Malik
C) Sonika Kaliraman
D) Vinesh Phogat
- India’s first Olympic _______ Shamsher Khan has passed away recently.
- Lekh Tandon has passed away recently. He belonged to which of the following field?
- Punyaslok Dasgupta passed away recently. He was a/an _____
- Veteran player Choirul Huda from Indonesia passed away recently. He belonged to which of the following sports?
- A book titled “Dreamnation: Uniting a Country with Handwritten Dreams” containing inspiring words of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam has been co-authored by whom?
A) John Nyren and Robert Nye
B) Jeff Nuttall and Dorothy Mills
C) Bryan Magee and Martin Madan
D) Jubie John and Saji Mathew
- Who won the singles title of 2017 Tianjin Open?
A) Maria Sharapova
B) Aryna Sabalenka
C) Sara Errani
D) Venus Williams
Static GK related to Today’s Current Affairs
- Name the current president of Philippines.
A) Reuven Rivlin
B) Viktor Orbán
C) António Costa
D) Rodrigo Duterte
- Where is the headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. located?
A) United States
B) United Kingdom
C) South Africa
D) North Korea
- What is the currency of Philippines?