Current Affairs 17 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 16, 2019
- Which state government has set up Kanyashree University to empower girls?
Explanation: Aiming to empower girls, the West Bengal government has taken the initiative to set up a Kanyashree University in Nadia district and Kanyashree colleges across the state. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had laid the foundation stone of the new university at Krishnagar in Nadia district in January. The Kanyashree university would be only for women.
- Recently Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan launched which scheme to engage motivated individuals with the food safety ecosystem at ground level?
A)Food Safety Mitra
C)Food Safety Health
Explanation: Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan launched Food Safety Mitra Scheme, Eat Right Jacket and Eat Right Jhola. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has introduced the scheme of Food Safety Mitra (FSM) through which it plans to engage motivated individuals with the food safety ecosystem at ground level.
- Recently as announced by Indian Army, it will become a net-zero carbon emitter by which year?
Explanation: Indian Railways has announced that it will become a net-zero carbon emitter by 2030. The move will be a part of India’s strategy to combat climate change.
- Recently which organisation launched a launched a revamped and streamlined programme to attract investments into India and strengthen Make in India?
C)Central bureau of Investigation
D)Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
Explanation: Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has launched a revamped and streamlined programme to attract investments into India and strengthen Make in India through manufacture and other operations under the bond scheme, of Customs Act, 1962.
- The 41st DRDO Directors Conference was held in which city/UT?
Explanation: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 41st DRDO Directors Conference in New Delhi. The discussion included efforts taken by DRDO to ensure technological advancement of the Indian forces to safeguard the country.
- What is the rank of India in the 2019 Global Hunger Index?
Explanation: India has slipped to 102 position in the Global Hunger Index 2019 of 117 countries, slipping from its 2018 position of 95.
- As per wealth intelligence firm’s ‘The Wealthiest Cities Worldwide in 2019’ list,which city has the highest number of wealthiest people in the world?
Explanation: New York City, one with the highest number of wealthiest people in the world, has 65 billionaires and over 380,000 millionaires, a report by New World Wealth has said. Mumbai is the only Indian city to feature in the top 20 list.
- Recently RBI has decided to operationalise ‘unified departments for supervision and regulation’ with effect from which day?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has decided to operationalise ‘unified departments for supervision and regulation’ with effect from November 1, 2019, in a bid to strengthen its oversight of commercial banks, urban co-operative banks (UCBs) and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- At how much percent India GDP will grow in 2019 according to International Monetary Fund?
Explanation: As against India’s real growth rate of 6.8 per cent in 2018, the IMF in its latest World Economic Outlook projected India’s growth rate at 6.1 per cent in 2019 and noted that the Indian economy is expected to pick up the next year at 7.0 per cent in 2020.
- At how much percent global GDP will grow according to International Monetary Fund?
Explanation: IMF has downgraded global growth in 2019 to 3%, the slowest since the global financial crisis. Globally, rising trade barriers, heightened uncertainty around trade and geopolitics, idiosyncratic factors that have strained several emerging markets and structural factors such as advanced economies’ ageing population and low productivity growth were the causes behind a “synchronized slowdown” the IMF said in its 2019 World Economic Outlook (WEO) Global Manufacturing Downturn, Rising Trade Barriers report
- Who topped the list of latest ICC Women’s ODI rankings 2019?
Explanation: Injured India opener Smriti Mandhana lost her top-spot in the International One-day International rankings after being toppled by New Zealand’s Amy Satterthwaite in the batting charts.
- Who won the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix?
Explanation: Valtteri Bottas won the Japanese Grand Prix with teammate Lewis Hamilton third behind Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel. With the win, Mercedes have secured a Formula 1 record sixth straight World Championship double.
- Who assumes charge as new Controller General of Accounts?
D)Giriraj P Gupta
Explanation: Government of India has appointed J. P. S. Chawla, (1985-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer) as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure. He will replace Girraj Prasad Gupta.
- Who has been appointed as the new Law Secretary (Secretary, Legal Affairs) in the Union Law Ministry?
A)Pramod Bhat Chaturvedi
D)Anoop Kumar Mendiratta
Explanation: Anoop Kumar Mendiratta has been appointed as the new Law Secretary (Secretary, Legal Affairs) in the Union Law Ministry. He will serve in the position till 30 March 2023, or until he attains the age of 60.
- Recently India’s Flora Fountain has been chosen for the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.It is located in which city?
Explanation: Mumbai’s iconic 155-year-old Flora Fountain and two other heritage landmarks in the country’s financial capital are among the four sites that have been chosen from India for the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Food Day?
A)Our Actions Are Our Future
B)Change the future of migration
C)Ending Hunger by 2025
Explanation: World Food Day is celebrated every year around the world on 16 October in honor of the date of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations in 1945. This day generates awareness globally for those who suffer from hunger and to ensure the need for food security and nutritious diets for all. The main focus of this day is that food is a basic and fundamental human right.This year’s theme is “Our Actions Are Our Future”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Whereis the HQ of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs?
- Where is the HQ of Defence Reasearch and Development Organisation?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: October 17, 2019”
I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again