Current Affairs 17 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 16, 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of ₹75 denomination to mark the long-standing relation of India with which organization?
A) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
B) Food and Agriculture Organisation
C) International Fund for Agricultural Development
D) World Wide Fund for Nature
- In which state will the world’s biggest Zinc Smelter project be set up?
B) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state has become the first state in the country to provide quality drinking water in urban areas there by launching ‘Sujal-Drink from Tap Mission’?
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has appointed whom as the chairman of the committee for preparing the Professional Engineers Bill?
A) M.S. Ananth
B) D.K. Misra
C) L.G. Doval
D) B.N. Khare
- Under whose chairmanship has the government constituted a panel to streamline the spectrum allocation process and examine the possibility of drawing up an annual calendar for auction of airwaves?
A) Nripendra Misra
B) Rajiv Gauba
C) Rajiv Mehrishi
D) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Which state/UT has launched ‘Red Light On, Gaadi Off’ campaign, a new anti-pollution campaign under which people will be encouraged to switch engines of their vehicles off while waiting at traffic signals?
- As per the Arton Capital’s Global Passport Index, what is the rank of India in terms of the strongest passports in the world?
- IKEA has partnered with which bank along with Mastercard to launch IKEA Family Credit Card?
B) Standard Chartered Bank
C) HSBC Bank
D) DBS Bank
- ‘Salary Card’, a zero-touch digital card by Early Salary is powered by which of the following?
D) Maestro Card
- Under which section of the Recycling of Ships Act, 2019, the Centre notified the directorate general of shipping as the National authority for recycling of ships?
- Sooronbai Jeenbekov resigne das the President of which country?
- Constantina Dita, named as an ambassador for the World Athletics Half Marathon Championships to be held in Gdynia, hails from which country?
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has extended the tenure of Gurdeep Singh as the chairman and managing director of which company?
A) Coal India
B) Power Grid Corporation of India
C) NTPC Ltd.
D) Indian Oil Corporation
- Governor of the Central Bank of which country won the 2020 Governor of the year at the Central bank of the year award?
- 3 students from which Indian state developed a nano satellite which has been chosen as an indigenous experimental satellite by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
- Kishore Bhimani who passed away was related with which profession?
- Costume designer Bhanu Athaiya, India’s first Oscar winner, who passed away won the Oscar Award for which film?
- Rajan who passed away in October 2020, was related which of the following professions?
- What is the theme of World Food Day 2020?
A) Grow, nourish, sustain. Together. Our actions are our future
B) Our Actions Are Our Future. Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World
C) Zero Hunger
D) Change the future of migration
- When is International E-Waste Day 2020 celebrated?
A) October 15
B) October 12
C) October 13
D) October 14
- What is the theme of Global Handwashing Day 2020?
A) Make handwashing a habit
B) Clean hands – A recipe for health
C) Clean Hands for All
D) Hand Hygiene for All