Current Affairs 17 September 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 16 September 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 16, 2019
- Which country to deploy their latest American weapons in Ex HimVijay war games?
Explanation: Indian Armed Forces are planning to deploy their latest American weapons systems including M777 ultra-light howitzers and Chinook heavy-lift helicopters in the war games to be carried out in Arunachal Pradesh, close to borders with China.
- Who will head the committee that will study issues related to non-personal data and suggest how the government should look at regulating it?
Explanation: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology constituted a committee under the chairmanship of Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan (pictured) to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest how the government should look at regulating it.
- Which Bangladesh Naval ship arrived at Visakhapatnam on a four-day visit to the Eastern Naval Command (ENC)?
Explanation: Bangladesh Naval Ship (BNS) Somudra Avijan arrived at Visakhapatnam on a four-day visit to the Eastern Naval Command (ENC).
- The 23rd Session of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) held in Which country?
Explanation: Tourism ministers, public and private sector leaders and key decision makers joined in St Petersburg, Russia to meet for the 23rd Session of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- Recently RBI increased loan exposure limit of banks to a single NBFC (excluding gold loan companies) to how much percent?
Explanation: The RBI increased loan exposure limit of banks to a single NBFC (excluding gold loan companies) from 15% to 20% of its capital base, a move that will help increase credit supply to the crisis-ridden shadow banking sector.
- How much amount of affordable housing package was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to benefit around 3.5 lakh home owners?
Explanation: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday announced a last mile ₹20,000 crore affordable housing package to benefit around 3.5 lakh home owners.
- Recently National Payments Corporation of India revised MDR for Rupay debit card transactions.What does MDR stands for?
A)Merchant Deferred Rate
B)Merchant discount rate
C)Minor Defence Rate
D)Merchant Defreement Rate
Explanation: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) said it has rationalized merchant discount rate (MDR) for RuPay debit card transactions, effective October 20, 2019.
- Which country won the U-19 Asia Cup Title?
Explanation: India clinched the Under-19 Asia Cup title, with a thrilling five-run win over Bangladesh in a low-scoring final at Colombo.
- The IBSF World Billiards Championship is being held in Which country?
Explanation: India’s billiards superstar Pankaj Advani clinched his 22nd world title for the country by winning a fourth straight final in the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship in Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Who lifted the men’s Vietnam Open Title 2019?
A)Lee Woo Hei
D)Fei Xiang Sun
Explanation: Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma defeated Chinese Fei Xiang Sun 21-12, 17-21, 21-14 to lift the Vietnam Open title.
- Who was sworn in as the first Lokayukta of the Andhra Pradesh?
C)Pinkai Chandra Ghosh
D)P Lakshman Reddy
Explanation: Justice P Lakshman Reddy was sworn in as the first Lokayukta of the Andhra Pradesh state. Justice Reddy will be holding the position for the next five years.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Day of Democracy?
A)Democracy and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
B)Democracy and Conflict Prevention
C)Democracy Under Strain
Explanation: The annual ‘International Day of Democracy’ is being celebrated on September 15. It is built on inclusion, equal treatment and participation, and it is a fundamental building block for peace, sustainable development and human rightsThe theme for International Day of Democracy 2019 is “Participation”.
- What is the theme of this year’s Engineeres Day?
A)Engineering Challenges for Knowledge Era
B)Skill Development for Young Engineer
C)Role of Emgineers in Developing India
Explanation: September 15 is celebrated as Engineers Day in India. The day is celebrated by the Engineering Community all over India as a tribute to India’s greatest engineer Bharat Ratna Visvesvaraya, who was born on September 15, 1860.This year the theme of Engineers day is “Engineering Challenges for Knowledge Era”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Infosys?
- Where is the HQ of World Trade Organization?
- What is the capital of Vietnam?