Current Affairs Quiz 18 August 2017
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
- Which of the following ministry has launched a campaign named “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” urging people to celebrate a pollution-free Diwali?
A) Ministry of Science and Technology
B) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
C) Ministry of Women and Child Development
D) Ministry of Culture
Some Extra: As part of the campaign, the ministry will undertake activities to create awareness among various stakeholders and encourage people to participate in combating air pollution.
- According to first-ever synchronised all-India Elephant Population census, what is the population estimation of Asian elephant in India?
Some Extra: Preliminary results from the first-ever synchronised all-India Elephant Population Estimation pegs India’s Asian elephant population at 27,312.
- According to the report, released by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change on August 12 2017, which state has highest number of Elephants population in India?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Some Extra: According to the report, released by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change on August 12, Karnataka has the highest number of elephants (6,049), followed by Assam (5,719) and Kerala (3,054).
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has announced November 13 as the date for conducting its National Assessment Survey (NAS) for the students of Class 5, 8 and ____.
Class 3, 5, and 8
This time, approximately 30 lakh students will be assessed in the year 2017-18 making it the world’s largest sample survey of student learning achievement.
- The Union Cabinet has decided to revive the North Koel Reservoir Project. North Koel River flows through which state?
The Union Cabinet has decided to revive the North Koel Reservoir Project, stalled since 1993, and claims it will irrigate over 40,000 hectares in some of the most backward and drought-prone regions in Jharkhand and Bihar.
- MyFASTag, a consumer App through which consumers can purchase or recharge FASTags has been launched by
A) Government of India
B) National Payments Corporation of India
C) National Highways Authority of India
D) None of these
National Highways Authority of India launched two mobile Apps – MyFASTag and FASTag Partner to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection. The mobile Apps launched will ease the process, making it possible to buy or recharge FASTags at the click of a mobile button.
- A bespoke mobile wallet (mobile payment App) launched by state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has been developed by
State-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has launched bespoke mobile wallet (mobile payment App) that would enable its existing 100 million customers to make Bill payments and transact on e-commerce platforms.
The wallet has been developed and issued by MobiKwik on behalf of BSNL.
- Name the Indian shuttler who has won the men’s singles title of Bulgaria Open International Series title?
A) Vimal Kumar
B) Chetan Anand
C) Lakshya Sen
D) Syed Modi
Young Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen has clinched the Bulgaria Open International Series title after defeating Croatia’s Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men’s singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Which country has topped the medal tally of IAAF World Championships 2017?
The 16th edition of IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) World Championships 2017 was held in London. The championships were held in the London Stadium in Stratford.
- Name the Hollywood Actress who has topped the Forbes magazines World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2017 list?
A) Emma Stone
B) Jennifer Aniston
C) Melissa McCarthy
D) Emma Watson
Forbes magazines World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2017 list is led by Hollywood actress Emma Stone
- Shanmugasundaram who has passed away recently was a/an
D) oscar winner
Actor Shanmugasundaram, who has appeared in a number of Tamil movies in character and supporting roles has passed away.
- Who has been appointed as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Karur Vysya Bank?
A) N M Sachdeva
B) D P Tripathi
C) K P Maheshwari
D) P R Seshadri
Karur Vysya Bank vide the Reserve Bank of India’s approval has appointed Shri P R Seshadri as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of the Bank for a period of 3 years from the date of his taking charge.
- Spanish Super Cup 2017, a Spanish football championship has been won by which team?
A) Real Madrid
B) Atlético Madrid
D) Athletic Bilbao
Real Madrid beat Barcelona 2-0 to complete a 5-1 victory on aggregate in the Spanish Super Cup dominating its fiercest rival.
7 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: August 18, 2017”
Mam is computer certificate is a must for ibps/ibps-rrb clerk???
thank u mam