Current Affairs 18 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 17 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 17, 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced about the mega plan of OSOWOG or a trans-national electricity grid supplying solar power across the globe. What does S stand for in OSOWOG?
- The National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on a pilot basis in 6 Union Territories of India. Which of the following is not among them?
A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
C) Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
D) New Delhi
- In which state, the Directorate of Social Welfare launched ‘Nasha-Mukt Bharat’- Drug free India campaign of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India to curb the menace of Drug Addiction in the society?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the head of the 5 member panel formed by the union government to probe into Kozhikode plane crash?
A) SS Chahar
B) PD Gaba
C) KK Goenka
D) PK Rana
- Konkurs Missile Test Equipment and Konkurs Launcher Test Equipment launched by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh have been designed and developed by which company?
A) Bharat Dynamics Limited
B) Hindustan Aeronautic Limited
C) Defence Research and Development Organisation
D) Bharat Electronics Limited
- Which ministry launched a three-month campaign on Ayush for Immunity through a webinar?
A) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
B) AYUSH Ministry
C) Ministry of Environment and Forests
D) Ministry of Earth Science
- Which state/UT government achieved first rank in operationalisation of Health and Welfare Centres (HWCs) as per the latest rankings released by the Centre?
D) New Delhi
- Which state government launched “Challenge Entrepreneurship Programme” on the occasion of this year’s Independence Day?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
- Which state launched the Yellow Chain, a single window e-commerce platform developed to promote local business and entrepreneurship in the State?
- Which state emerged as the number one investment destination in the country after it received an investment proposal worth Rs 12,000 crore during the last 6 months?
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state started “Restart Mission” on Independence Day to revive country’s economy?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
- A project called ‘Nirmanshree’ worth how much amount has been launched by the European Union (EU) in Maharashtra and Odisha for skilling women in housing sector?
A) 5 million euro
B) 2 million euro
C) 1 million euro
D) 4 million euro
- Which public sector bank has launched a campaign named ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ to encourage customers to use digital banking channels?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) Bank of Maharashtra
C) State bank of India
D) Union Bank of India
- Which bank has partnered Airtel Africa to drive financial inclusion across key markets in Africa by providing customers with increased access to mobile financial services?
A) Citi Bank
B) Barclays Bank
C) Standard Chartered Bank
D) Bank of America
- In August 2020, after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) tightened norms for core investment companies (CICs), CICs with assets of over how much amount will have to appoint a chief risk officer (CRO)?
A) Rs 5,000 crore
B) Rs 4,000 crore
C) Rs 8,000 crore
D) Rs 1,000 crore
- Who won the F1 Grand Prix of Spain 2020?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Heikki Kovalainen
C) Lewis Hamilton
D) Pastor Maldonado
- Which country’s cricketer Laura Marsh announced her retirement from all forms of cricket in August 2020?
B) South Africa
- Which of the following has appointed G P Garg as executive director (ED)?
D) EXIM Bank
- Who has written the book, titled “A Bend in Time: Writings by Children on the Covid-19 pandemic”?
A) Javar Seetharaman
B) Amrita Pritam
C) Bijal Vachharajani
D) Debi Prasanna Pattanayak
- Former Indian cricketer Chetan Chauhan who passed away recently was also a ______________.
A) Sports Journalist
- Dr B Siva Kumar who passed away recently was a renowned __________________.
- Yadupati Singhania who passed away recently was related to which sport?
B) Table Tennis
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Punjab National Bank situated?
D) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Standard Chartered situated?
A) Cape Town