Current Affairs 18 December 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 17 December 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 17, 2019
- In which state, TRAKEA barcoding system of Forensic Science Laboratory was inaugurated?
Explanation: Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister (CM) of Haryana inaugurated the TRAKEA barcoding system of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) at Madhuban, Haryana.
- The fifth meeting of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) of the Fifteenth Finance Commission was held in which city?
Explanation: The fifth meeting of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) of the Fifteenth Finance Commission was held in New Delhi
- What is the rank of India on WEF’s Global Gender Gap Report?
Explanation: India has slipped four places on the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap index 2020 to 112, due to rising disparity in terms of women’s health and participation in the economy. Moreover, India is now ranked in the bottom-five in terms of women’s health and survival and economic participation.
- Recently which carnival has been removed from UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage list?
Explanation: A Belgian carnival has been removed from UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage list after officials found the “recurrence of racist and anti-Semitic representations” to be incompatible with its principles.
- Recently theEuropean Union left which country out of a 2050 climate neutrality agreement?
Explanation: The European Union left Poland out of a 2050 climate neutrality agreement after hours of summit haggling with three poorer eastern member states that demanded more funds for economic transition and support for nuclear power.
- Which organisation signed MoU with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to facilitate the action research and up-scaling of the various technologies and innovative farmer models?
Explanation: With a view to promote sustainable agriculture and climate resilient farming systems the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Board of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to facilitate the action research and up-scaling of the various technologies and innovative farmer models developed by the ICAR.
- Who has been voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2019?
Explanation: England cricketer Ben Stokes has been voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2019. The England batsman became the first cricketer to win the prize since Andrew Flintoff in 2005 after a summer of batting heroics during both the World Cup and the Ashes.
- Who became the 1st man to hit hundreds on Test and ODI debuts?
Explanation: Pakistan opener Abid Ali has become the only male player in cricket history to score a hundred on both his ODI and Test debuts when he reached three figures on the final day of the Rawalpindi Test against Sri Lanka.
- Who has been appointed as next chief of IndianArmy?
D)Manoj Mukund Naravane
Explanation: Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane, a soldier who has experience on all operational fronts- both land borders as well as counter insurgency operations, will be the next Chief of the Indian Army.
- Who took charge as the new Secretary, Information and Broadcasting Ministry?
D)Sneha Vinayak Ranade
Explanation: AIRIAS officer Ravi Mittal took charge as the new Secretary, Information and Broadcasting Ministry. Mr Mittal took charge from Amit Khare who has been appointed as Secretary, Department of Higher Education.
- Recently about 850 Indian peacekeepers serving in Which country have been awarded the prestigious UN medal for their service and contribution to building peace in the strife-torn nation and supporting the local communities?
Explanation: About 850 Indian peacekeepers serving in South Sudan have been awarded the prestigious UN medal for their service and contribution to building peace in the strife-torn nation and supporting the local communities.
- Which state/UT has been selected for national award by Union Rural Development Ministry for best performance in the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)?
C)Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir has been selected for national award by Union Rural Development Ministry for best performance in the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY). The award distribution ceremony will be held at Pusa, New Delhi.
- Recently Gita Siddharth Kak passed away in Mumbai.She was related to which field?
Explanation: Actress Gita Siddharth Kak passed away in Mumbai. The actress is best known for her role in M.S. Sathyu’s 1973 classic ‘Garm Hava’.
- Recently Danny Aiello passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Oscar nominated American actor Danny Aiello has passed away at the age of 86. Aiello made his film debut in 1973’s Bang the Drum Slowly, starring Robert De Niro. The following year he appeared in The Godfather Part II, which went on to win the Academy Award for Best Picture
- Recently Chuy Bravo passedaway.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Chuy Bravo, who served as a sidekick to comedian Chelsea Handler on her show, has passed away. He was 63. The Mexican, who had dwarfism, was best known for working with Handler on her show “Chelsea Lately” during the period of 2007-2014.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of South Sudan?
- Where is the HQ of NABARD?
- What is the Capital of Hungary?
2 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: December 18, 2019”
I do believe that a property foreclosures can have a significant effect on the applicant’s life. Property foreclosures can have a Seven to few years negative relation to a borrower’s credit report. A new borrower that has applied for home financing or almost any loans for example, knows that the particular worse credit rating will be, the more tough it is to acquire a decent mortgage loan. In addition, it can affect a new borrower’s capability to find a respectable place to lease or hire, if that gets to be the alternative homes solution. Interesting blog post.
One thing is always that one of the most typical incentives for making use of your credit card is a cash-back and also rebate present. Generally, you get 1-5 back in various acquisitions. Depending on the credit card, you may get 1 returning on most purchases, and 5 in return on expenses made going to convenience stores, gas stations, grocery stores and also ‘member merchants’.