Current Affairs 18 January 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 17 January 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 17, 2018
- Which among the given countries has unveiled world’s biggest air purifying tower with a height of 328 feet to deal with air pollution?
C) United States of America
Explanation: In an attempt to fight air pollution, China has constructed an experimental air purifying tower, touted to be the world’s biggest at a height of over 100 meters (328 feet). Launched in 2015, the Xian smog tower was announced to find a low-cost method to artificially remove pollutants from the atmosphere. The polluted air is sucked into the glasshouses of the tower and is then heated up by the solar energy. The hot air then moves through multiple cleaning filters and helps in reducing the pollution.
- The 65th meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) which was held in New Delhi on January 16, 2018 was headed by ___________
A) Prakash Javadekar
B) Anil Swarup
C) Maneka Gandhi
D) Upendra Kushwaha
Explanation: The 65th meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held under the chairmanship of Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar. The meeting’ agenda was focused on issues related to school education and literacy.
- Ava Mukherjee passed away recently at the age of 88. She was a renowned ___________
A) Classical Dancer
Explanation: Actor Ava Mukherjee, who played a beloved grandma in numerous commercials, TV series and films, has passed away.
- In which of the following states, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu have inaugurated the iCreate centre on January 17, 2018?
A) Gurugram, Haryana
B) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
C) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
D) Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu inaugurated the iCreate centre in Ahmedabad’s Deo Dholera Village. It will provide a safe landing pad for Israeli entrepreneurs for exploring the Indian market
- Name the state which has recently launched the Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Jojana (MMKSJ) to provide financial assistance to the artists of the state
Explanation: Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Jojana’ (MMKSJ) – an assistance scheme for Artists in the state. Around 50,000 artists will be benefited from this. The government has decided to give Rs 1,200 per month as artist assistance. Earlier, only 4,000 artists were being given Rs 1,000 per month.
- In an effort to have better network connectivity in the Northeast region of India, the Centre has sanctioned projects over Rs __________ crore
A) Rs 15000 crore
B) Rs 10000 crore
C) Rs 20000 crore
D) Rs 25000 crore
Explanation: The Centre has sanctioned projects over 10,000 crore rupees in the North East for better network connectivity. 2 MoUs have been signed to cover the uncovered areas in the North East including Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Leslie Harding Pde who passed away recently was a well known ________ author
Explanation: Former Meghalaya bureaucrat and renowned Khasi author Leslie Harding Pde has passed away following a brief illness.
- For the first time since its inception, the 3rd edition of the India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geo-economics- Raisina Dialogue- witnessed the participation of a foreign Prime Minister belonging to which country?
B) United States
Explanation: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu inaugurated the 3rd edition of the geo-political conference, ‘Raisina Dialogue’ in New Delhi. This year’s topic of Raisina Dialogue is ‘Managing Disruptive Transitions – Ideas, Institutions and Idioms.’ This is the first time when any foreign head of state has participated in this dialogue.
- The recently launched book titled ‘Imperfect’ is the autobiography of which renowned cricketer?
A) Vinod Kambli
B) Ravi Shastri
C) Sunil Gavaskar
D) Sanjay Manjrekar
Explanation: Sanjay Manjrekar has launched his autobiography named ‘Imperfect’. The book ‘Imperfect’ was released by Dilip Vengsarkar, Sanjay Manjrekar’s first international captain. The book was published by Harper Collins. Sanjay Manjrekar has played 37 Test matches.
- What is the theme of the 3rd edition of the Raisina Dialogue organised in New Delhi?
A) Managing Disruptive Transitions – Ideas, Institutions and Idioms
B) The New Normal: Multilateralism with Multipolarity
C) Asia: Regional and Global Connectivity
D) Partnering for Physical, Economic, Human and Digital Connectivity Engaging Asia
Explanation: This year’s topic of Raisina Dialogue is ‘Managing Disruptive Transitions – Ideas, Institutions and Idioms.’
2 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: January 18, 2018”
thank u mam.
213205 980338dress shops that offer discounts are really common in our spot and i always shop at them,. 914587