Current Affairs 18 November 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 17 November 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 17, 2018
- India and ADB signed 3 loan agreements of how much amount for on-lending, electricity transmission and water supply infrastructure projects?
Explanation: The ADB signed 3 loan agreements with the government to provide debt of $574 million for on-lending, electricity transmission and water supply infrastructure projects.
1. As part of the loan agreements, ADB will provide $300 million to support lending by India Infrastructure Finance Company (IIFCL).
2. Among others, the $169 million loan is the first tranche of up to $500 million loan that will be used to develop climate-resilient water supply, sewerage and drainage infrastructure in at least 10 cities in Tamil Nadu.
3. The $105 million is the third tranche of the $350 million multi-tranche financing facility for multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) for Himachal Pradesh Clean Energy Transmission Investment Program approved by the ADB Board in September 2011.
- Which state launched the “Gau Samridhi Plus Scheme” to provide insurance coverage to dairy farmers in the state?
Explanation: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the “Gau Samridhi Plus Scheme” to provide insurance coverage to dairy farmers in the state.
- United Nations Security Council has unanimously agreed to lift sanctions against which country after nine years?
Explanation: The United Nations Security Council has unanimously agreed to lift sanctions against Eritrea after nine years.
- Which panel is working on forming Sashakt India Asset Management for large NPAs?
Explanation: Sunil Mehta, the chairman of a bankers’ panel working on faster resolution of stressed assets in public sector banks, said an Asset Management Company(AMC) for resolving large bad loans has been formed and will be called as Sashakt India Asset Management.
- Which bank has launched the India’s first interactive credit card named “Nexxt Credit card’?
Explanation: IndusInd Bank has launched the IndusInd Bank Nexxt Credit Card,the first interactive Credit Card in India with buttons which provides customers with the flexibility of three payment options at a Point of Sale (POS) terminal – Credit, Converting Transactions into EMIs with 4 tenure options (6, 12, 18 & 24 months) or using accumulated Reward Points, by simply pushing a button on the card.
- Who won IBSF billiards crown 2018?
B)Nay Thway Oo
Explanation: India’s ace cueist Pankaj advani won his 3rd staright IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format, taking his overall tally of world titles to 20.
- Who won Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger?
Explanation: Fourth seed Prajnesh Gunneswaran brushed aside wild card entrant Saketh Myneni in straight sets to win the $ 150,000 Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger in Bengaluru.
- Who won the inaugural Chess India Blitz Tornament?
Explanation: Viswanathan Anand won the inaugural Chess India Blitz Tornament by beating overnight leader Hikaru Nakamura in the play-off in Kolkata.
- Who will be the new Finance Secretary of India?
B)Ajay Bhushan Pandey
D)Subash Chandra Khuntia
Explanation: UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey will be the new Finance Secretary, replacing Hasmukh Adhia, the Gujarat-cadre IAS officer who is set to retire on November 30.
- Who was awarded with “Sumitra Charat Ram Award for lifetime Achievement”?
D)Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
Explanation: One of India’s greatest sarod masters ,Ustad Amjad Ali Khan,was presented the “Sumitra Charat Ram Award for lifetime Achievement” at the Kamani Auditorium, for his “immense contribution to the enrichment and promotion of the Indian classical music”.
- Eminent percussionist Banamali Maharana passed away recenty.He was famous for playing which instrument?
Explanation: Eminent percussionist Banamali Maharana passed away at a private hospital.
- Which war veteran passed away recently in Mohali who was a army major during 1971 India Pakistan War?
C)Kuldip Singh Chandpuri
Explanation: Decorated war veteran Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri passed away in a private hospital in Mohali.
- Recently, Alyque Padamsse passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Veteran actor ,theatre personality and advertising guru Alyque Padamsse passed away in Mumbai.
- Who is the author of “A Great Association-Glimpses into the Life of Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha”?
A)Swami Sukhtu Mehta
B)Swami Nirviseshananda Tirtha
Explanation: The book “A Great Association-Glimpses into the Life of Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha” authored by Swami Nirviseshananda Tirtha.The book was released by Prasar Bharati’s CEO Shashi Shekar Vempati and Sreedharan was the guest of honour at the book release function in New Delhi.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Asian Development Bank?
- What is the capital of Eritrea?
- What is the currency OF Eritrea?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: November 18, 2018”
Via my observation, shopping for technology online can for sure be expensive, nevertheless there are some tips that you can use to acquire the best bargains. There are often ways to find discount offers that could help to make one to possess the best electronic products products at the cheapest prices. Good blog post.