Current Affairs 18 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 17 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 17, 2020
- By which year has the Government of India set its aim to make India Trans Fat free?
- Where did the Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the first blasting for construction related work at the 14.15 km Zojila tunnel, one of the longest in Asia?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Jammu and Kashmir
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank virtually launched the ‘KAPILA’ on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. What does L stand for in KAPILA?
- Who has been appointed by the Supreme Court to monitor steps taken to prevent stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh amid rising levels of pollution in the national capital and adjoining regions?
A) Arun Kumar Mishra
B) Ranjan Gogoi
C) Madan B Lokur
D) Jasti Chelameswar
- Which state/UT government launched ‘My Town My Pride’ programme, to deliver services at doorsteps to the urban population?
A) Jammu and Kashmir
B) Himachal Pradesh
- To which country did India hand over INS Sindhuvir, a Kilo class submarine, which will be the first submarine of the former country?
C) Sri Lanka
- Which country has been designated as the Vice-Chair of Good Laboratory Practice, GLP Working Group of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)?
- Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for payment of subsidy to street vendors under the Centre’s SVANidhi Scheme?
A) Bank of Maharashtra
B) Indian Bank
C) Vijaya Bank
D) Bank of India
- Which small finance bank (SFB) has partnered with Ashoknagar Co-operative Bank Limited under the bank sponsorship programme, thereby becoming the first SFB to go live under the sponsorship programme?
A) ESAF Small Finance Bank
B) A U Small Finance Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) Jana Small Finance Bank
- Which company has launched car and bike insurance products on its platform in association with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance?
C) Amazon India
- ‘Saral Jeevan Bima’, a standard term insurance policy, launched by the IRDAI can be purchased by the people in the age group of 18 to how many years?
A) 75 years
B) 65 years
C) 70 years
D) 60 years
- How much will the central government borrow under the special window to meet the shortfall of Goods and Services Tax (GST) compensation?
A) Rs 1.1 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.3 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.8 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.5 lakh crore
- Vishal V Sharma has been appointed as the next permanent representative of India to which organization?
A) Food and Agriculture Organization
B) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
C) United Nations Children’s Fund
D) United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization
- Which sports federation appointed Michael Irani as its interim president in October 2020?
A) International Judo Federation
B) International Weightlifting Federation
C) Badminton World Federation
D) International Table Tennis Federation
- Which of the following emerged as Top Stand-Alone University in India for filling highest number of patents in a year as per Intellectual Property India annual report?
A) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
B) Chandigarh University
C) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
D) Tata Consultancy Services
- Which country carried out test flights of an unmanned aerial vehicle SeaGuardian in a bid to learn whether it can carry out key duties, including search, recuse and maritime surveillance?
- Writer Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri who passed away was conferred Jnanpith Award in which language?
- Legendary singer Kaumudi Munshi, who passed away was known as the Nightingale of which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Kapil Deo Kamat who passed away was related to which profession?
- Who is the author of the book titled “Mr Prime Minister, We Shrank the Dragon”?
A) Pradeep Goorha
B) Suneet Guha
C) Brijesh Gupta
D) Chandandeep Singh
- Who is the author of the book titled “The Battle of Belonging”?
A) Subramanian Swamy
B) Kapil Sibal
C) Shashi Tharoor
D) Sachin Pilot
- When is National Women Farmers’ Day (Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas) celebrated?
A) October 18
B) October 14
C) October 16
D) October 15
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of PhonePe situated?
- Where is the HQ of International Weightlifting Federation situated?
A) Brussels, Belgium
B) Budapest, Hungary
C) Lausanne, Switzerland
D) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia