Current Affairs 19 April 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 18 April 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 18, 2019
- The exercise IN VPN BILATERAL EX is between India and which other country?
Explanation: The Indian Navy undertook the second edition of the bilateral maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and Vietnam Peoples’ Navy, (IN – VPN BILAT EX) at/ off Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam. Conduct of the bilateral exercise on an annual basis would give a further fillip to the existing strong bilateral relation between the two countries.
- According to Gartner, the global IT spending is projected to be how much in 2019?
Explanation: Global IT spending is projected to total $3.79 trillion in 2019, an increase of 1.1 per cent from 2018, the latest forecast by Gartner Inc. said recently.
- Who will lead the team of NASA mission CubeSat to detect cosmic rays?
Explanation: A team led by an Indian American student has been chosen by NASA to have their CubeSat a mini research satellite to detect cosmic rays flown into space on future missions of the US space agency.
- NASA chosen SpaceX to launch asteroid walloping mission. What will be the total cost of the project?
Explanation: SpaceX will fly its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) planetary-defense mission. The total launch cost for NASA will be about $69 million.
- Which country to host G20 Summit in 2020?
Explanation: Saudi Arabia announced it will host the G20 summit in November next year in the capital Riyadh.
- Which country launched its first ever satellite named NepaliSat 1?
Explanation: Nepal’s first satellite has been launched into space, which will soon start rotating around the Earth’s orbit to collect information about the country’s topography and Earths magnetic field.
- Which bank recently got approval from CCI to acquire Gruh Finance?
Explanation: Kolkata-based Bandhan Bank said it has received approval of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for the proposed acquisition of Gruh Finance
- Who among the following has featured in Time Most 100 Influential people?
Explanation: Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani has featured in the TIME magazine’s list of 100 most influential people. Arundhati Katju and Menaka Guruswamy, who led the legal battle for LGBTQ rights in India, also featured in the list. The “Time 100 Most Influential People 2019” named the world’s most influential pioneers, leaders, titans, artists and icons of the year.
- Which general insurance company recently got ISO 31000 certification?
A)Bharti AXA Insurance Company
B)HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company
C)National Insurance Company Limited
D)Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
Explanation: Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited has been certified with ISO 31000. ISO 31000:2018 is an international risk management standard. The standard provides guidelines, principles, framework, and a process for managing risk. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size, activity or sector.
- Which bank partnered with M1Xchange Trade Receivables Discounting System for MSME bill discounting?
A)Bank of Maharashtra
B)Bank of Baroda
Explanation: Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has partnered with M1Xchange Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) platform for MSME bill discounting.
- Which application became India first financial services application to integrate with UPI services?
Explanation: India’s largest app for financial services, ETMONEY announced that it has integrated unified payment interface (UPI) as a payment method on its platform as it looks to double its monthly user base by the end of the year.
- According to a Deloitte report,which company is the fourth fastest growing luxury company in the world?
Explanation: Watches and jewellery maker Titan Company is the fourth fastest growing luxury company in the world with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.7 percent during the financial years 2015-2017, a Deloitte report said recently. Titan is a joint venture between the Tata Group and state-run Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
- Recently ,Which bank net profit rose to 39 percent to Rs 178.1 crore in the year on period?
A)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: RBL Bank Ltd said that strong growth in net interest income during the quarter ending March 2019 boosted its net profit to Rs 247.2 crore, up 39 per cent from Rs 178.1 crore in the year-on period.
- Who is the first Indian to be inducted to National Geospatial Advisory Committee by US?
C)Anil Kumar Jain
Explanation: India’s growing might in earth observation, remote sensing, mapping, and location technologies has got a shot in the arm, with the US department of interior appointing an Indian to its prestigious National Geospatial Advisory Committee (NGAC).
- Who was appointed as special observer for West Bengal by the Election Commission Of India?
C)Ajay V Nayak
Explanation: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has appointed Bihar’s former Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V. Nayak as a special observer for West Bengal. He will oversee the last five phases of elections and report to the Commission on a daily basis.
- What will be theme of this year a World Haemophilia Day 2019?
A)connect to World
B)Hear their voices
C)Sharing Knowledge makes us stronger
D)Reaching Out-Connect to your Community
Explanation: Every April 17 World Haemophilia Day is recognised worldwide to increase awareness of haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. This is a critical effort since with increased awareness comes better diagnosis and access to care for the millions who remain without treatment.The theme is “Reaching out – connect to your community”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Vietnam?
- Where is the HQ of Gartner?
- Where is the HQ of NASA?
- Where is the HQ of Bank of Maharashtra?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 19, 2019”
I will right away grab your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.